Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
x4mer said:
Try Hermes V5.1 224base60. That has SDHC support.

is this true? does hermes support sdhc?

EDIT: never mind, i just tested it. it does, but it doesn't support usb instruments. at least my pro adapter doesn't work in rb3. shame.

madeinlisboa

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry if this is a dupe. I run every backup I have with USB loaders, but cLoader (called from a forwarder channel) fails to mount my USB drive. Is this version incompatible with cLoader?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
madeinlisboa said:
I'm sorry if this is a dupe. I run every backup I have with USB loaders, but cLoader (called from a forwarder channel) fails to mount my USB drive. Is this version incompatible with cLoader?
I can't seem to recall an USB loader called cLoader, don't you mean uLoader?

Update 05:00 PM: Thanks Davebaol, i learned something new today.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Etheboss said:
madeinlisboa said:
http://gbatemp.net/t153471-loadstructor

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a followup on the wd passport situation with rockband3, i would like to say the game runs perfectly fine on all other hdd using base56 except this one. I don't know what exactly is going on with it, but this video WD Passport Tear Down may lead some insight in its differences between other conventional drives, which is very disappointing. I might add that I am running firmware vs 2.011, which 2.019 is current which fixes the following: "This firmware update fixes the drive’s handling of infrequent power glitches which can cause data access issues." hmmm....wish I could try it. I have tried on 3 different computers running different vers. of windows with no luck updating, software stalls every time. I understand that without having one of these drives yourself would make it very difficult to rectify the issues running it with the 56 base. But if you do happen to have any ideas, I would gladly try them!

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
hybridLearner said:
As a followup on the wd passport situation with rockband3, i would like to say the game runs perfectly fine on all other hdd using base56 except this one. I don't know what exactly is going on with it, but this video WD Passport Tear Down may lead some insight in its differences between other conventional drives, which is very disappointing. I might add that I am running firmware vs 2.011, which 2.019 is current which fixes the following: "This firmware update fixes the drive’s handling of infrequent power glitches which can cause data access issues." hmmm....wish I could try it. I have tried on 3 different computers running different vers. of windows with no luck updating, software stalls every time. I understand that without having one of these drives yourself would make it very difficult to rectify the issues running it with the 56 base. But if you do happen to have any ideas, I would gladly try them!
Try running the app posted here and maybe someone can help you with that output...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
davebaol said:
Etheboss said:
madeinlisboa said:
http://gbatemp.net/t153471-loadstructor
FYI, there's no point in using loadstructor... IIRC Loadstructor can only launch off of wbfs partitions.

Instead, you can use CRAP to make a game specific cfg usb loader forwarder channels (ie. installs a game specific channel on system menu like loadstructor does). It will launch the game the same as you're used to using loadstructor, but it will be loading it via cfg usb loader (on sd card or usb). The end result is that channels take up less space (since each channel doesn't have usb-loader code, just a forwarder), it is easy to update (just replace the cfg usbloader boot.dol on the sd card or usb), you will be able to take advantage of cfg usb loader improvements (ie. d2x support, fat32/ntfs support, etc.), the only negative effect is that it may take a few extra seconds to load since the loader isn't embedded in the channel but insteads looks for cfg usb loader on the sd card or usb in order to launch the game.

Anyways, I still prefer usb-loaders over game specific system menu forwarder channels... but to each his own.

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
XFlak said:
Instead, you can use CRAP to make a game specific cfg usb loader forwarder channels (ie. installs a game specific channel on system menu like loadstructor does). It will launch the game the same as you're used to using loadstructor, but it will be loading it via cfg usb loader (on sd card or usb). The end result is that channels take up less space (since each channel doesn't have usb-loader code, just a forwarder), it is easy to update (just replace the cfg usbloader boot.dol on the sd card or usb), you will be able to take advantage of cfg usb loader improvements (ie. d2x support, fat32/ntfs support, etc.), the only negative effect is that it may take a few extra seconds to load since the loader isn't embedded in the channel but insteads looks for cfg usb loader on the sd card or usb in order to launch the game.
I use exactly that and it works great! In CRAP, I select the game from my FAT32 WBFS folder, the Loader "Configurable Forwarder (no intro)", the Game Partition "4 - FAT1" and Create Channel. I've installed 24+ game channels and all worked like a charm (just in case install priiloader first!), and with the last version of CFG and cIOSX v21d2x base 56, they only take about 3-4 second to boot.
Hope it helps.

Edit: here are the real times: CFG v66 launched from official forwarder ~4 seconds, GAME launched from CRAP created channel ~7 seconds.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
kamiro04 said:
XFlak said:
I use exactly that and it works great! In CRAP, I select the game from my FAT32 WBFS folder, the Loader "Configurable Forwarder (no intro)", the Game Partition "4 - FAT1" and Create Channel. I've installed 24+ game channels and all worked like a charm (just in case install priiloader first!), and with the last version of CFG and cIOSX v21d2x base 56, they only take about 3 second to boot.
Hope it helps.
I read some posts where oggzee and WiiCrazy were discussing issues regarding the new Cfg Usb Loader versions and current Crap version. Maybe it is only related to parameter handling?

Never had any issue with these game channels created by you?

Thanks in advance.

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
pplucky said:
Never had any issue with these game channels created by you?
Not at all, I use the default dol (cfg66.dol) directly on my FAT32 USB drive (USB:\apps\usbloader\) and all the games are in the WBFS folder genereted by Wii Backup Manager. If you need more detail tell me.

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Edit: cfg v66c now shows the r21003 cIOSes correctly!
Edit2: sorry the double post, don't know what I did.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried to build d2x v3 Beta6 but it isn't working with modmii 4.5.0
I tried to overwrite the files in the d2x modules folder but after the build the nand emulator of the cios won't start.
So I believe the build is defect.

Is it possible to make a first d2x v4 Beta1 with logging capabilities?
To post loggings of NAND games with an issue.
For me it's bonsai barber (which is working with cios rev 17), Max and the Magic Marker, Swords and Shields, Sonic 4.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
papermanzero said:
I tried to build d2x v3 Beta6 but it isn't working with modmii 4.5.0
I tried to overwrite the files in the d2x modules folder but after the build the nand emulator of the cios won't start.
So I believe the build is defect.

Wierd, i did the same, and for me it works. Mighty Channel starts (if that is what you mean) and i can play from emunand.

Be sure to check the dates of the files:

EHCI.app 02-02-2011
FAT.app 02-22-2011
FFSP.app 02-22-2011

If those dates do not match above than something went wrong with copying.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Strange.
Does Beta6 support partitions and pathes?

Because every time when I try to start beta6 I am told, that the titles could not be found.
V3 final is working wihtout any issue.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
papermanzero said:
Strange.
Does Beta6 support partitions and pathes?

Because every time when I try to start beta6 I am told, that the titles could not be found.
V3 final is working wihtout any issue.
Yes, V3 is basically beta6 without the logging...according to @Davebaol

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol:
I'm curios what it is you focus on right now in the development ?
wink.gif

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IceIceBird said:
davebaol:
wink.gif

One thing that could be fixed is this. This problem has to do with disc loading - Wanin added an IOS reload block for discs so that games like COD3 or metroid prime trilogy could be played without patching the iso to use IOS249. But unfortunately, he forgot to add the fix for error code 002, so games like Metroid Prime Trilogy will give you error 002 if played from disc.

Here is another post by wiipower discussing this issue.

Thanks dave, xabby, & xflak for this wonderful cIOS!

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
xfcrowman said:
IceIceBird said:
davebaol:
wink.gif

One thing that could be fixed is this. This problem has to do with disc loading - Wanin added an IOS reload block for discs so that games like COD3 or metroid prime trilogy could be played without patching the iso to use IOS249. But unfortunately, he forgot to add the fix for error code 002, so games like Metroid Prime Trilogy will give you error 002 if played from disc.

Here is another post by wiipower discussing this issue.

Thanks dave, xabby, & xflak for this wonderful cIOS!

Another thing that could be done is making a special r17b version with the debug capability (and maybe if there is some quick obvious bugs fix them to, especially NAND EMU bugs). That way we could compare even easier. Especially when the Lost Wind games works for a little while before they freeze. Maybe we can find out why once and for all.
smile.gif

Or maybe you could do an r17b with IOS56 as base instead
wink.gif

Of course we should focus on r21 but with an debug feature avalible for the r17 would make it much easier for us to understand some problems/bugs that's been implemendet along the updates.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Dear davebaol, xabby666, and XFlak,

I just sent to Dimok (GX dev) the results of a test I made with your cIOSX rev21d2x v3 (r21003)

Unfortunately, it seems that both GX 2.0 and GX 2.1 are unable to use cIOSX rev21d2x v3, while they both work with the official Waninkoko's r21

Configurable and WiiFlow work well with cIOSX rev21d2x v3 (r21003)

In other words, it seems that there is a lack of compatibility between USB Loader GX (2.0 and 2.1) and cIOSX rev21d2x v3 (r21003)

Hope this may be helpful to you,

Cambo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?