cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davebaol, Feb 3, 2011.

?

Did d2x work for you?

1. Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

86 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

79 vote(s)
    43.2%
  3. No, and I posted what goes wrong

9 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

9 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Locoxx

Locoxx Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    United States
    I have been using this CIOS d2x v10 52 and 53 and for some reason whenever I start up a loader with my hdd plugged in, it freezes right away in the start logo... I have tried cfg, wii flow, gx loader and all the same. I formatted my 1st partitition to WBFS and 2nd to fat 32 and nothing...

2. OfficialFBomb

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Recently i pulled my wii out of a box and started updating it, it has d2x v6 i think, but i found a v10 beta 52, problem is i dont know how to update it, which ios to use and all that, can someone help?

Nevermind v10 was for wii u lmfao, still i assume v6 is not the newest for wii which is?

3. JasonH

JasonH Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2016
    United States
    I dont believe that is correct. There is a V10 for both Wii and vWii.
    These are the two i have installed in my wii and they work fine.
    cIOS250[57]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
    cIOS249[56]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
    The version for the WiiU looks like this.
    d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii

4. JasonH

JasonH Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2016
    United States
    Download this Pack. http://www.mediafire.com/file/3mxh2azkbza43db/WiiFlow_v4.2.3_Nintendont_MasterMod_Pack_Full_2016.7z
    In the pack you will find the folder "WAD" inside that folder you will find another folder "IOS_DM(L)" inside this folder should have all of these. Choose wisely and focus on the d2x wads. You can install these using WiiMod which is also in the pack in the "APPS" folder.

BC-NUS-v6
    cIOS202[60]-hermesrodries-v6
    cIOS222[38]-hermes-v5.1
    cIOS223[57]-hermes-v5.1
    cIOS224[37]-hermes-v5.1
    cIOS245[37]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
    cIOS246[38]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
    cIOS247[53]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
    cIOS248[55]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
    cIOS249[56]-d2x-v10-beta52
    cIOS250[57]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
    cIOS251[58]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
    cIOS252[56]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
    DIOSMIOS_2.10
    DIOSMIOSLite_2.10
    DMLr59mod[MIOS-v10]
    IOS58-64-v6176
    Quadforce_v4.0
    Quadforce_v4.1
    RVL-mios-v10

Last edited by JasonH, Jun 22, 2017
  5. StrikerMan780

StrikerMan780 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    Canada
    Is this dead? There's still some games that have issues with d2x cios (like Kirby's Return to Dreamland when loading from SD), and I'm wondering if there's a chance they'll ever get fixed.

Last edited by StrikerMan780, Sep 12, 2017
  6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it's already fixed. in fact, it's the contrary, it's broken on r53!

just stop using beta version, and use d2x v10 r52 instead of r53
    don't follow bad softmod guides written by people who think last = better
    install either d2x v8 final (if you are on Wii) or d2x v10 (not the alternative beta version) if you are on vWii and kirby will work from SD.

Last edited by Cyan, Sep 12, 2017
    panamex likes this.
  7. TomandJonna

TomandJonna Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    United States

Hi Cyan...I'm sorry to bother you yet again, but I have a question for you based on what you've said above...I would very much like to play my Call of Duty games and you seem to indicate I need something in slot 250 to do that...what might that be please?? I currently have d2x at r52 base57 in slot249 per your instructions to me from the "How to run Wiiware on SD?" thread. I am a bit confused again, though, about the bases and slots as what you've quoted above recommends base56 in slot 249 and what you recommended to me was base57 in slot 249. I can change things to whatever needs done though to make things right to play my Call of Duty games. Just let me know what I have to do.

Also, am having some troubles with UStealth. Unless I misunderstood you in our discussion in the "How to run Wiiware on SD?" thread, my now hidden HDD should work with USB Loader GX without changing any settings or anything, yes? Well, I hid my drive with UStealth and USB Loader GX will not even recognize the drive. I know I must be doing something wrong. To be clear, I have NOT installed the d2x patched for UStealth as I understood that only to be necessary for EMUNAND and I just wanted to test whether or not the drive could be seen once hidden. If I need to install the UStealthed-patched d2x instead of the standard I can, but again I thought that was just for EMUNAND and I'm just trying to get the whole UStealth thing working. I hope I've been clear.

I can't tell you how much your help means to me. Thank you so very much...MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

Last edited by TomandJonna, Nov 17, 2017
  8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    1)
    no, I didn't say you need to use slot250 or need something in there.

I said you need a custom system file (cIOS) based on IOS57 to play that game.
    You can install a cIOS base57 anywhere you want in your console (you have 255 available slots to install it).
    if you installed "base57" in slot 235, you need to tell USBLoaderGX to use slot235 !

I already made you install base57 in slot249, just use slot249.

Not everyone has the same setup.
    don't follow random old guides and help thread telling users one thing, it might not work for you if you don't have the same setup.

some users have "base56 in slot 249, base57 in slot 250"
    so, of course they need to use the slot 250 to use the IOS based on IOS57
    but your slot 249 is already good for every games.

2)
    you are right, you don't need d2x Ustealth mod for wii games or gamecube games. it's only for emuNAND.
    the loader works with Ustealth drives, as long as you are using the correct version ! (updated to work with Ustealth drives).

you never told me which version you were using.

If your drive has issue being detected, go to settings > loader settings > loader's IOS : set the value to 58.

9. TomandJonna

TomandJonna Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    United States

OK, yet again I'm learning...I'm sorry it is at your expense.

I'm using the latest loader GX build as well as the latest NINTENDON'T build. I was surprised the loader didn't see the drive as it is the very latest revision (r1265 - just updated it a week ago based on your advice).

I don't mean to get into old stuff that doesn't apply...I just find threads on the topics that I'm having trouble with and read them through, then when I get confused I ask questions. I am just wanting to try and read first so I'm not simply asking without doing any work on my end...that is not fair in my opinion, but it seems to be leading to the same end doesn't it. I'll try to do better at that.

I hid my drive again and changed the loader settings>loader's IOS to 58 as you told me and the drive is now visible, but this process resets all settings to default. I did change them back and it appears that all is well again with things. The only thing left to do now is to apply the UStealth patch for recognizing emuNAND and see how that goes, then I should be done, and on to the PS2.

I truly hope I don't have to ask any more question of you, Cyan. You've been a help beyond description to me and I've learned a lot from you. I will keep you in my prayers that all will be will with you.

MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom