Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey dave, does this work using any of the usb ports on the wiiU? or is it the same deal as teh wii where it has to be that 1st usb port on the back? and what happens if you have a wiiU dedicated HD connected at the same time as the wii games only HD?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
use v8 for the toshiba drives. I have no issues using
toshiba with v8 but if I try v9 with the same drive
it might see it 1 out of 10 tries

I tried v1, v5, v6, v7 and v8 final. They all freeze at the loader screen.
However if I unplug it, and wait for the loader to look for the HDD and then plug it, I'm able to launch games.
However returning to the loader ( CFG or GX ) will cause my Wii to freeze again.

With the latest beta r49 at least the wii doesn't freeze, it just looks for the HDD, then I can unplug it and replug it and it works, but as you can predict, is very annoying to say the least.....

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay.. XFalk has Updated his Modmii.. so when it Release of D2x for vWii?
When it will be ready. Period

EDIT
hey dave, does this work using any of the usb ports on the wiiU? or is it the same deal as teh wii where it has to be that 1st usb port on the back?
Contrary to Wii on WiiU it works using the topmost usb port on the rear.

and what happens if you have a wiiU dedicated HD connected at the same time as the wii games only HD?
Don't know because I don't have a WiiU. Maybe fix94 or damysteryman can test it (and of course I won't feel responsible for eventual data lost on hdd :D ).

EDIT
Little update about 2 hdd test:
Code:
<FIX94> now with 2 devices connected the wiiu just locks on bootup
<FIX94> it says only one drive can be used and I need to turnoff the wiiu
<FIX94> and remove one
<FIX94> if I click ok
<FIX94> it just comes back to that screen
<FIX94> so it seems like you cant boot the wiiu with 2 drives
<davebaol> what a shit
<FIX94> yea
<FIX94> I'm on 2.0.0 though
<FIX94> I know theres 2.1.0
<davebaol> try to connect wii hdd in wiimode
<FIX94> well then it will work for sure
<FIX94> I cant connect my hdd in wii mode though
<FIX94> since I need both usb ports for power
<FIX94> and if I would do just one the wiiu turns off lol

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Test result from damysteryman
damysteryman said:
Ok, just read that, did tests with 1TB FAT32 USB HDD (my Wii HDD) in top back USB port, and 4GB Wii U Formatted USB stick in left front port. Wii U has system version 2.1.0E.

First test, with both in, switched on Wii U, and got same result as FIX94, Wii U Menu complains about not supporting two, and to turn off console and remove one, and trying to select OK and ignore message, Wii U Menu reloads, and complains again.

Second test, unplugged Wii HDD, Wii U Menu loaded fine without complaining. Load up WiiMode, and loaded HBC. HBC tried to read USB stick, then plugged in USB HDD, then pressed 1 to bring up device menu, tried selecting USB device, HBC crashed, code dump. Trying again, No USB devices connected, loaded up WiiMode, loaded up HBC. Connected USB HDD, HBC sees it fine, loaded USB Loader GX fine. But mine does not need 2 USB ports, it is powered by wall power outlet.

Then went back to Wii Menu, plugged in USB stick again, with both plugged in loaded HBC, HBC tried reading USB stick first instead of HDD, unplugged it, and then recognized HDD fine again.

So it looks like Wii U does not like having more then one USB device at once, especially if one is Wii U format and one is not.

odd29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice.. i think one usb device at a time is enough!?

-

BTW if u need more help with testing, pm me, i can test:
- More than 200 Games
- 7 different USB HDD´s (USB 2.0 and USB 3.0)
- 13 USB Sticks (4-64gb)

I´m modding consoles since the psx and i think that a have much experience with modding.
I´ve also modded more than 50 Wii´s with Softmod and Chip (including my own 3 Wii´s) and also modded the Xbox with the Reset Glitch Hack, the PS2 with Modchip and the PS3 with downgrade and 4.30 CFW... and so on. you can see that modding a console is a party of my hobby.. i would be very proud if i could help you. PM me if you want.

P.S. i´m not supporting Warez i´ve a huge collection of games :-)

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why use two hard drives if you can use a big one with two partitions?
Because you can't partition the drive to use on WiiU mode.
If you have a drive connected while in WiiU mode, it asks you to format it and delete all partitions.

What users want is to have a HDD for WiiU in WiiU format, and a HDD in FAT32/other/etc. for virtual Wii mode.
But having both at the same time doesn't work at all, unless the one used by virtual Wii is not compatible with WiiU.

msaraiva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because you can't partition the drive to use on Wii mode.
If you have a drive connected while in WiiU mode, it asks you to format it and delete all partitions.

What users want is to have a HDD for WiiU in WiiU format, and a HDD in FAT32/other/etc. for virtual Wii mode.
But having both at the same time doesn't work at all, unless the one used by virtual Wii is not compatible with WiiU.

About partitioning, that's not was officialy stated by Nintendo, it's supposed to work. I'll have to try it myself. Regarding the fact of two hds not working at the same time, i understood that, that's why i suggested the other method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday