cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davebaol, Feb 3, 2011.

?
  1. Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

89 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

80 vote(s)
    42.8%
  3. No, and I posted what goes wrong

9 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

9 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. davebaol
    OP

davebaol GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2010
    Italy
    Thanks guys, you're right. The EHCI module was the one from official rev21, sorry.
    Now I've uploaded the correct package and edited the link above.

2. cambric

cambric GBAtemp Fan

May 17, 2009
    Italy
    Tuscany
    dear davebaol, xabby666, and XFlak
    Thank you for developing rev21d2x... it is awesome to have a cIOS which solves the problems of the latest waninkoko's revisions...
    Let me suggest you to think about the development of an installer based on AHBPROT for your cIOS... just like the "cIOS 222 Installer MOD"
    It could be also fine to have the possibility to install your cIOS not only on slots 249-250 but also on 240-248 ones...
    Thank you again for your great job [​IMG]

3. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    @davebaol,
    u didn't need to re-upload as the EHCI lag fix v2 is already included with ModMii... but no biggie. U can view the hashes of the d2x v3 beta 4 cIOSs in my post above

@cambric,
    while there is nothing wrong with suggesting we build an installer for our cIOS, I think you should know that ModMii's advanced downloads allows you to easily change the slot and version number of any cIOS/IOS supported by ModMii.

4. IceIceBird

IceIceBird GBAtemp Fan

Nov 14, 2009
    @ davebaol:
    Super duper thankyou [​IMG]
    But we all know what is top on our wish list even if it's a long shoot [​IMG] A IOS Reload fix [​IMG]
    EVEN if it's a "dirty workaround" for some of the most wanted working games we all would be pretty f**king pleased =) *lol*
    It may or may never happen but we all want it [​IMG] How is your thought ideas about this. Couse you probably need to store som data on the disk (SD/USB/NAND) that the cIOS reads when it's reloaded to know what game last was mounted and need to be mounted again. And this data would have to be reset every time you start "the loader of choise" once again. Couse the problem is that when doing a reload the wii drops the connection with the usb drive. And when the cIOS is loaded once more (ios reload) the "virtual disc info is lost" and should have to be loaded once more. So some temp data storage would be ne necessary. So if when you do a ios reload there should be som temp data stored to tell what disc/partition/gameid etc was last mounted and if this data exist it should be mounted again but this time with a "second" mount runtine. This way if you start the loader from fresh it would only use the normal mount rutine and there should be no mixup between them both.
    Just a thought! [​IMG]

@ XFlak:
    Ever considering porting it to wii homebrew ?

5. xabby666

xabby666 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2010
    Italy
    I contributed only for v1 release of d2x. From v2 to this last revision thanks go to Davebaol. [​IMG]

6. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    @davebaol, is it possible for you to update the first page with the possibility to download latest (beta) release and a changelog from cIOSX rev21 d2x v2 up to the latest?

7. IceIceBird

IceIceBird GBAtemp Fan

Nov 14, 2009
    You could have something like "latest stable" and "latest alpha/beta" [​IMG]

8. davebaol
    OP

Sep 3, 2010
    Italy
    Yeah, I'l do it tomorrow.
    I'm fixing one more bug right now. [​IMG]

9. IceIceBird

IceIceBird GBAtemp Fan

Nov 14, 2009
    Nice one [​IMG] May I ask what the bug is =) curious as always..

And i Must say that I really hope that that the USB Loaders also would keep up to date with "this" cIOS.
    Especially now when Waninkoko has said he will not do any more cIOS thingy, but who knows, he has said that before [​IMG]
    Anyway, I love the enthusiasm and the work you have put into this cIOS.
    I bow and bend [​IMG]

10. cambric

cambric GBAtemp Fan

May 17, 2009
    Italy
    Tuscany
    Yes I know, ModMii is very useful... sincere compliments... but actually an installer for the cIOS would be awesome...

11. Arm the Homeless

Arm the Homeless Custom Title

May 26, 2008
    United States
    /home/andy/
    I lol'd.

And isn't ModMii just a batch script converted to exe?

12. OncleJulien

OncleJulien tool of peers

Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    Los Angeles

13. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    Sounds OK to you now @OncleJulien? [​IMG]

14. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    I don't know why we're dwelling on this... but I may as well add my 2 cents...
    I think he "lol'd" at the following...
    I'm assuming IceIceBird meant porting ModMii to wii homebrew.... which is impossible to do. It's possible to build a similar app that runs on the Wii, but it would have to be re-written from the ground up, not ported. And even then... it is impossible to have ANY wii app that can do everything ModMii can. In order to run a Wii app, the user would first need to launch an exploit and most likely install the HBC before running any other homebrew app on the wii. So no wii app can prepare an sd card with an exploit on a virgin Wii. And that is just ONE example of why any wii app like pimpmywii can never be a complete softmodding solution.

15. Fox888

Fox888 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2010
    Just a note for you davebaol :

with Mighty Channels and your v3b3 i can play swords & soldiers [​IMG] , but with your v3b4 i can´t [​IMG]
    (loading my emu nand from a Fat32 hdd)

16. xfcrowman

xfcrowman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    This is the first instance I have heard of a previously incompatible game that now works with this cIOS - awesome!

Were you using IOS56 as the base or another IOS?

17. Fox888

Fox888 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2010
    i´m using cios248(original 249) base 38

18. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    actually, he's saying it does'nt work with this latest cios v4...

19. xfcrowman

xfcrowman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Yes that is true, but for me the fixes in v3 beta4 are not needed since I'm not one of those people that has 3+ partitions on my HDD.

I'll go back to v3 unless the issue is resolved in the upcoming beta.

20. davebaol
    OP

Sep 3, 2010
    Italy
    Well, it doesn't work for me with any cios.
    Tested rev17, rev21, d2x-v2, d2x-v3, d2x-v4

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted