ciosx problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WiihackingNoobie, Dec 6, 2010.

Dec 6, 2010

ciosx problem by WiihackingNoobie at 12:37 AM (1,024 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. WiihackingNoobie
    OP

Newcomer WiihackingNoobie Advanced Member

United States
    ive been having so much trouble with this somebody please help when i try to install ciosx to get usbloader gx to work my wii mote looses signal what would help is to see like a picture of somebodys sd card like where you put what files to make it work.. thanks so much guys appreciate it [​IMG]

2. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    At what stage of installing cIOSx does your WiiMote lose it's signal? More info is needed... What cIOSx installer version are you using? Are you running the installer from HBC? What cIOSx slots do you want to use and what IOS base for each (Ex: 249/base57 & 250/base38)?

I can only guess that your WiiMote loses signal when you choose what IOS to use to install the cIOSx. Chances are you are choosing the wrong IOS, one that does not have the correct patches like the Trucha Bug. You need to choose an IOS that you know to be patched. If you don't have one yet, but have HBC v1.08 installed, use the IOS236 installer and use IOS236 to install the cIOSx.

As far as the files on your SD card goes, you need to download the cIOSx installer from this site first as it is organized for the HBC already. You want to extract the cIOSX_rev20b-Installer folder from the ZIP archive into the SD:/apps/ directory of your SD card. If your Wii is not connected to the internet you will also have to download the correct base IOS WAD, and place them into the root SD:/ directory of the SD card - You can read the details on the link for the cIOSx installer.

-[]D

3. WiihackingNoobie
    OP

United States
    It looses signal when i choose the ios and im choosing 249..... so you have to use a diffrent ios installer to install the ios?

4. WiihackingNoobie
    OP

United States
    And theres a sourcecode file where do i put that

5. PPSainity

Canada
    The source code is provided for coding purposes only, you do not need it to run the installer. EDIT: Wait, where are you getting the source code for Waninkoko's cIOSx Installer from??? Are you using the installer from the link I gave you?

-[]D

6. WiihackingNoobie
    OP

United States
    Yeah.... is there a different link i should use?... [​IMG]

7. WiihackingNoobie
    OP

United States
    Yeah... should i be using a different link..? [​IMG]

8. WiihackingNoobie
    OP

United States
    oops sorry for the spam i thought my internet cut out

9. PPSainity

Canada
    You can use any link really, just as long as the source is good. For the readers benefit, all my posts contain hyperlinks to the specific versions of software that I refer to.

-[]D