cIOSes and usb loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Nikj14, Aug 9, 2009.

Aug 9, 2009

cIOSes and usb loader GX by Nikj14 at 9:31 PM (1,914 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Nikj14
    OP

Member Nikj14 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    OK, ive been having some CIOS issues with usb loader GX and ive tried everything to do with only 1 CIOS installed (cios 249 rev 10) but since i tried rev 14 of waninkokos cios my USB drive no longer shows up in GX but it worked fine in rev 10 so i downgraded back to that. Now it works fine except for a few games like metroid prime 3 which are reported working on rev 14. I know its not possible to have different Revs of wanin's CIOS installed so im going to try CIOS 222, to load those games and had a couple questions about game compatability. 1: how is it? and 2: is it stable?

TIA. (i also have CIOSCORP, preloader and bootmii as boot2 installed)

2. kLiNiKaL

Member kLiNiKaL Dr. Greenthumb

Jamaica
    222/223 are great cIOS's, i used them soley from rev10 until rev14 and still use them for games with usb devices now.

give it a try make sure u get version3

3. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States

Think of cIOS222 as an "updated" cIOSrev10. It has all of the compatibility of rev10 and then some (ie: no anti-002 option needed to run newer games, much better HD/usb peripheral compatibility). It is very stable and very good [​IMG] It is my primary cIOS now (I don't even have 249 installed at this moment). As for GX, well, I can't personally recommend it. I know alot of people like it, and I recognize the hard work of the team, but it in itself has always been very unstable...at least for me. The last rev I tried would not even detect my HD, while a previous rev did. I use Configurable USB Loader nowadays...which always works, never crashes, and has more configurability than anything else out there. Just my opinion...you decide!

4. Nikj14
    OP

Canada
    thx for the replies [​IMG] ill get 222 and configureable USB loader just because it sounds good lol, and as for GX: im sharing the wii with all my siblings and its the only thing they know how to use, and thats only because it has a channel (if i tried to tell them to go to the homebrew channel to use it it would take years lol).

5. zektor

United States

FYI, USB Loader CFG also has a channel (I just updated it), as well an excellent forwarder channel. Make sure you get cios222 v3 (latest)

6. Nikj14
    OP

Canada
    orly? ill look for that.

7. Nikj14
    OP

Canada
    The installer for 222 is freezing at the ios selection screen, any fixes for that? Could it be CIOSCORP?

8. Retrievil

Member Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Metroid Prime 3 works fine with Rev10 and USB Loader GX. I was playing it this weekend and that is the same setup I have.

Maybe the USB Loader GX version you have is a little buggy. I personally haven't updated mine in a few months, because all these new daily versions of it seem to less stable than the ones from a few months ago.

9. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    please tell me that when you were using cios38 rev14 that you were using the correct usb port (ie: the outside one)...

cios rev 10 worked with both usb ports, anything from rev 12(iirc, could have been 11) only works with 1.

find it pretty hard to believe that cios rev 10 found your hdd and rev 14 doesnt.

10. Unfortune

Member Unfortune GBAtemp Fan

Pakistan
    If you have cIOScorp you don't have only one cIOS installed. Its a whole bunch of cIOS's.

ANYWAYS,

try to switch usb ports. rev 13(I think) and above are stupid like that.

edit: rev 12 and above actually, as the guy above said.

11. Nikj14
    OP

Canada
    Metroid works with a disk in the drive but that is usually an iffy fix for me, I've tried both USB ports on rev 14 and yes I usually have it plugged into the outside part, also I know cioscorp is a lot of cioses but USB loader doesn't use them so I didn't think it was important.

Still no fixes for the installer?

EDIT: got it to install but when I select "use cios 222" in the USB loader settings it doesn't boot and gives me a black screen.
    EDIT2: right after I typed that it started working lol

12. zektor

United States

What was the initial issue with installing, if I may ask? I have never had it freeze, but some people did say this in the past. What was the issue?

13. frenchderf

Newcomer frenchderf Advanced Member

Belgium
    I am only using Waninkoko stuff with a 4.0 and a 4.1E and rev10 plus rev14 allow me to play any games, even Wii Sport resort and Indiana Jones... I have never installed the 222...

From my experience, it was needed to use 222 if you are not using rev14 after rev10. Do not forget to get the newest version of usbloader Gx as possible.

Frenchderf :oops: