cIOSCorp [Question]

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by EmbraceFiction, Dec 29, 2010.

Dec 29, 2010

cIOSCorp [Question] by EmbraceFiction at 5:18 PM (1,062 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Member EmbraceFiction GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hey all;

I have a question, that I desperately need an answer for. I have installed this living hell of an app (as I am told), but I have installed it a long time ago. My sister actually updated the Wii, which removed all the Soft Mods. She updated the Wii to 4.3U; because she wanted to use Netflix.

At this point, the Wii was barely used, because it was just left unhooked for a long time, collecting dust. The Wii is now at 4.3U, and I have installed a number of cIOS files, etc. and I am having no trouble what-so-ever as of right now. I have the following cIOS files:

Code:
    Hermes v5.1 (202,222,223,224)
    Waninkoko cIOSx rev21
    I tried running my backup copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns; via the Disk channel, but It did not load. It asked me to insert the disc; that is when the game launched. I stopped using Backup discs, and went with USB Loaders.

I was wondering if cIOSCorp was still on my console?

Also, should I remove it? and will it affect me if I update to 4.4U (if it releases)?

Or will I have any trouble with it down the road?

Thanks;

EDIT:

Other games still work with it though.

2. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Just install DarkCorp.

3. JonthanD

Member JonthanD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This would be my vote as well. ModMii and DarkCorp are great tools.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    1. Hard to say. Cioscorp - as well as darkcorp - basically does the following: it throws out all IOS'es, and replaces them with hacked versions (I think it actually does more than that, but I'm not sure). That's how it allows backup discs to be loaded from the disc channel: it doesn't force discs to use a cIOS but lets them have the IOS the game actually needs. Except that the IOS is replaced with a version that allows for backups.

Nintendo's update to 4.3U isn't so different. Aside from removing all homebrew and cIOS'es, it also updates whatever IOS'es are outdated. Of course, those new versions don't have the hacks on them that allow backup discs to be played (as you encountered with your backup DVD of donkey kong). You can fill your nand with all the cIOS'es you can get, but the disc channel will still just use whatever the game requests.

2. the update already removed at least a part of it. But the problem with cioscorp (and darkcorp) is that you're dealing with IOS'es here: the same code that manages the input and output of your wii. Remove the wrong one or replace it with a corrupted version and you may end up with a brick. If you're going to switch to USB loading, I'd say don't bother about it. As long as no nasty stuff happens (say, having the HBC turn upside down on you), things should be fine.

3. assuming a future system version is similar as the previous ones...I'd say it's pretty unlikely.

What good would that do? There's no point in corrupting all your IOS'es if you're going to use nothing but cIOS'es to load games from USB. [​IMG]

5. Juanmatron

Spain
    The guy is talkin' about cIOSCORP. So what? His Wii, his problems.

6. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Canada

I don't use disk's anymore, because of the slower loading speed (3x rather than 6x from a regular Wii disk).

So is it safe for me to just forget about it anyway? I am never going back to DVD loading again; I am just sticking with USB loading, as it is much simpler, and much more efficient.

Thanks.

7. Juanmatron

Spain
    Then why the fuck are you talking about cIOSCORP?

8. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Canada

I was wondering if it would brick my wii with the next system menu update;
    or if it would somehow affect my loading of games via USB.

I am just worried that it will damage my system sometime in the future via USB loading, or from a system menu update.

9. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Canada
    Just dis-regard what I said before;

I am just going to ignore it, because it only affects the console's IOS files. I am only using cIOS files; so that should not be a problem for my USB-Loading. I'm sure there will be some kind of post made if the console is updated, and what to do if you have this installed before you update.

Thanks everyone.

10. Juanmatron

Spain
    Just use another USB Loader like CFG or WiiFlow. And try another cIOS.

11. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Canada
    Okay;

I will just ignore it, I currently use CFG loader..
    I use it with either cIOS 249, 250; or m-load 222,223, or 224.

I currently have no problems so far, but thanks.