Hacking CIOScorp or backup channels?

sprogurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so my dad's friend want's me to softchip his wii, I've already installed mine and have both CIOScorp (along with preloader 0.28 installed) and all the backup channels. I've already asked a few people and they said i should install the backup channels as if they updated ( '-_- ) then the channels would stay but i've already warned them they won't be able to update. Also starfall will block future disc updates right? (I don't like softmii as the disc keeps spinning on standby)
so to ease this into a 1 2 3 question order here it goes:

1.Which has less chance of brickingm CIOScorp or backup channels? (so far for me they're both 100% but nerve racking as hell whilst installing)

2.Can starfall disable future disc firmware updates?

Thanks!

(At the time of writing I'm modding 2 wii's XD If people actually knew me then they'd realise me and electronic stuff don't get on very well XD ((except the last year!)) )

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for a friend of the family i would recommend the backup loader channel, Backup loader automatically blocks updates, unless you use the rebooter, I think

sprogurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick reply and both questions answered!
smile.gif
unluckily i have to downgrade it for 3.4E, that's why I'm modding 2 wii's so i can mod 1 wii to borrow loz tp and mod the other for money (lol I've already said I'd do it for free like 4 times! XD)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah starfall can also be useful if they decide to buy a ModChip and then you will have a update-blocker but only if they stay at 3.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over