CIOSCORP Issue !

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by asz007, Sep 5, 2009.

Sep 5, 2009

CIOSCORP Issue ! by asz007 at 6:53 AM (996 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. asz007
    OP

Newcomer asz007 Newbie

United States
    Hello

I've installed CIOSCORP 3.3 in my Wii and is working prefectly in running Wii backups through disk channel. I noticed that the disk channel on boot backups of my own system region. So, is there any way to run backups of different regions through disk channel of a US system ?

I'm using 4.1U system menu and tried neogamma's r6 and r7 region free rebooters with no luck. I'm really tired of searching for a solution now and that's why I came here crying for help.

Cheerio.

2. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    I've never used cioscorp, and never will, but I always patched my ISOs with RegionFrii before burning them. This method got many Pal games to run fine on my NTSC Wii (WiiGator's Gamma, or NeoGamma), but some games simply won't patch, and you're better off aquiring the game in your region.

If you already deleted the ISOs from your PC, you can rip them back to your PC, use RegionFrii to select your Wii's region, and re-burn.

3. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Using preloader/startpatch to enable a region free hack should also work as well, though I'm not sure how well it does. You should also be able to load the games through geckoOS.

4. asz007
    OP

Newcomer asz007 Newbie

United States
    Alright, Startpatch solved it. However, I notice that Warioware:Smooth Moves PAL show's up running through disk channel and once I press start I get to a blank screen. Would someone elaborate on this ? I tried other backups of PAL and JAP and they all seem to be working fine. Another thing I noticed is that GC backups don't run through disk channel and even retail Japanese games when inserted get transferred to a black warning screen.

I really appreciate your help guys.

5. asz007
    OP

Newcomer asz007 Newbie

United States
    Would someone kindly answer my inquiries?

6. EtherealX

Member EtherealX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Some games (I believe the one in question) require your TV to accept the PAL/JAP video codecs sent from the game. If its the case, you need the proper TV and cables. Most newer HD TVs accept the codec, pretty much all older TVs do not. You can test this yourself by running the disc through NeoGamma with no region hacks. Allow the loader to start the game with the disc settings.. if it plays it B&W, but gives you a blank screen when forcing the region -- you can normally say that the codec issue is the case. There's nothing to do about it short of buying a new TV and/or cables. Your always better of sticking to local-region games.

I don't, and refuse to, use CiosCorp so I can't answer the GC through channel question.

7. asz007
    OP

Newcomer asz007 Newbie

United States
    Thanks EtherealX for answering my questions. I do own an LCD screen and I'm using a component cable for my Wii for better graphics. I was only wondering why would Another Code:R(PAL) load through disk channel and Wario Ware:SM (PAL) wouldn't ?

Thank you again for your kindness.

8. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    I used to reference many region compatibility wikis (which haven't been updated in ages) when I burned games to dvd-r. In my experience, I simply found that some games just don't work, no matter what patches and region free settings you have in place. I guess some games are compiled in ways that don't adhere to region free patches, and you'll get bad results no matter what. Lego Indiana Jones (as well as Star Wars) won't patch correctly to NTSC from Pal, and you get the black n' white flipping screen, unless your loader can force NTSC. Professor Heinz Wollf's Gravity (pal) will never work on a NTSC Wii, no matter what you do.

The last, and only real advice I can give, is to aquire games from your region (unless they don't exist in said region), whenever possible. This will ensure the greatest compatibility possible, and less fussing with region settings.