cIOSCORP Install Issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tylerxian, Mar 14, 2010.

Mar 14, 2010

cIOSCORP Install Issues by tylerxian at 1:20 AM (1,585 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. tylerxian
    OP

Member tylerxian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I tried installing cIOSCORP v3.5 a long time ago and since it couldn't load my DVDs (along with the issue that the homebrew channel was upside-down and bootmii couldn't be installed anymore) I uninstalled it, but now that cIOSCORP v3.6 came out I wanted to try again. Though I can't get it to install correctly. So I tried using the uninstaller again and it had five files that couldn't be uninstalled. So I tried running the installer again and I still got the same errors on every IOS cIOSCORP tries to install. It's the 'ERROR! (ret = -1029)' and on the last five IOSes had a different error message, it was 'ERROR (ret = -2013)'.

I did everything in the txt. file: backed-up and erased everything on my SD card, then copied everything in the RAR to the root of my SD card, and then ran it on the Homebrew channel.

I don't know what went wrong, can anyone shine some light on what went wrong/what I did wrong?

2. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Did you recently install cIOSX rev18 or rev19?
    If so, what base did you use? 57?

There's you're problem.

Reinstall cIOSX rev19, but make sure you use IOS38 as a base.
    Then run the cIOSCORP v3.6 Main Installer.

3. tylerxian
    OP

Member tylerxian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah I recently installed cIOSX rev19 before trying to install cIOSCORP v3.6 and I did use 57 as a base.

The method you suggested worked without flaw, thank you so much!