cIOSCORP, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tux', Sep 11, 2009.

?

Do you think cIOSCORP is good?

1. Yes! It's awsome!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It bricked my wii because I didn't follow instructions/it froze

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I just don't like it, I have had a bad expieriance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. F*** cIOSCORP Modchips FTW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Sep 11, 2009

cIOSCORP, good or bad? by Tux' at 5:44 AM (6,417 Views / 0 Likes) 48 replies

1. Tux'
    OP

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Well, so what do you think of cIOSCORP? I mean the latest(3.3 or 3.4), do you think it's awsome? Persoannly I made a NAND backup and before cIOSCORP and after, I just deleted the old NAND because I thought cIOSCORP was great! I haven't ran into any problems so far, Brawl even works! So, opinions please?

2. CloudSE

CloudSE Newbie

3. Quick-zeno

Member Quick-zeno GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    cIOSCorp is not my thing.

I have my system menu to ios 249 and it does pretty much everything cIOSCorp does.
    At one moment I did try to install it, but it kept saying "ret -1 error" Or something.

I was like, to fuck with it and found a easy way.

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I don't like any of those options

5. CloudSE

CloudSE Newbie

6. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Drivekey ftw.

7. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    where is the logical answer

i dont like cioscorp as it screws way to much with the wii's ios'

8. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    A choice between cIOSCORP and chips? No thank you. How 'bout loadstructor or Configurable USB Loader, which all beat the pants off both options?

9. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    when did usb loaders become able to play every game without any problem? main case in point, metroid prime trilogy?

dont get me wrong, i love usb loading. have a wiikey, but couldnt tell you the last time i burnt a wii game. still burn off the occasional GC game though.

10. CloudSE

CloudSE Newbie

11. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    I haven't noticed any issues with MP3 and USB Loader GX. Maybe I'm just lucky.

12. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Metroid Prime 3 (1 game, single layer disc) is not the same as Metroid Prime Trilogy (3 games, dual layer disc). Comparing the two is pointless.

13. HellFireXS

Newcomer HellFireXS Advanced Member

Canada
    What terrible options, I had to go with "I just don't like it, I have had a bad expieriance" because while I have never tried it, I just don't like the idea of messing with my system that much, especially when I have NeoGamma for GameCube and USBLoaderGX for Wii games.

14. Reboot

Member Reboot GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Its great for people and kids who dont understand loaders. Having to click through a loader, set options, is not for everyone. CIOSCorp makes the wii funciton in a way that people are familliar with, if they have used a non modded wii before.

15. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    Well i didn't vote but I dont use it, and no i haven't had a bad experience with it
    cause i have tried it and it worked fine. Now days though i just use the usb loader and love the fact i'm wasting no disc and the 6x+ Speed is great also.
    but its always up to the end user what He/She Likes. But with the case of cioscorp a user Should weigh the risk and the small benefits before installing.

16. bdr9

Member bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I really like cIOSCORP. It works just fine. People always say "Don't use it, it will screw up all of your IOSes" but who cares! It does what it says! I don't really care what my IOSes are as long as I can play the backups from the disc channel as advertized.

17. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The answer "I just don't need it" is missing.

18. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    I love it [​IMG] and thats true for chipped users but....

then

he didnt ask who has a modchip...i think this was directed toward soft-modders (being they are the ones using it not chipped users this poll really shouldnt apply to the chipped user should it? though that could have been clearer if thats the case in the title...

At anyrate many soft modded wii users would be simply "Shit out of luck" without this [​IMG] I dont have ANY issues and im STILL using cioscorps V1 (and a few specific cios installs since for certain games no biggy occasional ios patched iso ect)But the point is I can play Beatles rockband and guitar hero 5 no problem at all...Or any other title i throw at hermes loader [​IMG]

If you read up before you ask questions and keep your files updated cioscorps is nothing short of a pure blessing to the scene...

much like many things icefire has had his hands on controversial or not...ITS DAMN USEFUL and it impacts a gr8 deal of us end users and developers alike! I have a bit of bias i've always been a big fan of his codes and seeing them advanced to the state they are today is nothing short of respectable and awesome in this brewers eyes!

19. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    i totally agree with this opinion. for people who are not really familiar with setting up options, video modes, ios to use, and those other settings, booting backups using the disc channel directly is necessary. when i play games, i use usb loaders (loader gx and uloader) since i do understand how to use those options....but for my kid???

so far no problem on my part using cioscorp...btw i'm also aware that my hard disk will crash after several uses (specially with the wii's frequent reset; turning off and on) so i also backup my games on discs. [​IMG]

20. jazvdb

Member jazvdb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    what the hell is up with those options?