Hacking cIOScorp, DarkCORP?

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've heard many times of cIOScorp (crapIOS) and DarkCorp.
But what are crapIOS and DarkCorp exactly? what do they do to a wii? why is cIOScorp also called crapIOS?
All i have heard about these two softmods is bad so why do so many want it?

i know, these are a lot of questions but i'm curious.

Teton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kawaii-Tora said:
I've heard many times of cIOScorp (crapIOS) and DarkCorp.
But what are crapIOS and DarkCorp exactly? what do they do to a wii? why is cIOScorp also called crapIOS?
All i have heard about these two softmods is bad so why do so many want it?

i know, these are a lot of questions but i'm curious.

Saying "crapIOS" when you dont know about what is does, pfeu
frown.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can play backups directly from the disc channel, because cIOScorp (now called Darkcorp) will modify all your IOSes with the dip patch and set all IOS revisions to 65535, the maximum, that nintendo can't overwrite it.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
You can play backups directly from the disc channel, because cIOScorp (now called Darkcorp) will modify all your IOSes with the dip patch and set all IOS revisions to 65535, the maximum, that nintendo can't overwrithe it.

Nintendo can overwrite it if you update with an official update.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
http://gbatemp.net/t238779-darkcorp-v1-1-release
Read the DARKCORP README and it will tell you what you want to know
biggrin.gif

Juanmatron said:
FIX94 said:
You can play backups directly from the disc channel, because cIOScorp (now called Darkcorp) will modify all your IOSes with the dip patch and set all IOS revisions to 65535, the maximum, that nintendo can't overwrithe it.

Nintendo updates cannot overwrite DARKCORP IOS, since their version number is set to v65535, which is the highest possible version number.

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sounds like DarkCorp is primarily for playing backups. And modifying all IOSs sounds really stupid because of bricking a wii. And there is one more thing, all newer wiis have a new drive which won't read DVD-/+Rs anymore so just a reason more not to use DarkCorp. or am i wrong?
and i don't call it crapIOS, thats just a name i often heard it in context with cIOScorp/DarkCorp, so i would like do know why.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
damysteryman said:
http://gbatemp.net/t238779-darkcorp-v1-1-release
Read the DARKCORP README and it will tell you what you want to know
biggrin.gif

Juanmatron said:
FIX94 said:

Nintendo updates cannot overwrite DARKCORP IOS, since their version number is set to v65535, which is the highest possible version number.
Also, Nintendo never surpassed 65280, so hackers are clean.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Kawaii-Tora said:
sounds like DarkCorp is primarily for playing backups. And modifying all IOSs sounds really stupid because of bricking a wii. And there is one more thing, all newer wiis have a new drive which won't read DVD-/+Rs anymore so just a reason more not to use DarkCorp. or am i wrong?
and i don't call it crapIOS, thats just a name i often heard it in context with cIOScorp/DarkCorp, so i would like do know why.
Correct, new wii's, with D3-X or D4-X drives, can't use it. Only older or modded wii's can use it. And yes, there is a risk to brick the wii.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
crapIOS is a term uses by some Wiibrew people for cIOS (not cIOSCORP). Basically since they're all loving HW_AHBPROT they find it useless to install a cIOS, so they call it like that. (Though it is true that by using HW_AHBPROT, you can do whatever a cIOS can).

cIOSCORP/DARKCORP is an installer that patches many IOSs and installs them. This is done to be able to play Backups from disc channel (because whatever IOS the game needs will always be patched -> backups work).

DARKCORP is just a new name for cIOSCORP, nothing else. Also, using DARKCORP shouldn't be more dangerous than updating your system through Nintendo.

Teton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
crapIOS is a term uses by some Wiibrew people for cIOS (not cIOSCORP). Basically since they're all loving HW_AHBPROT they find it useless to install a cIOS, so they call it like that. (Though it is true that by using HW_AHBPROT, you can do whatever a cIOS can).

cIOSCORP/DARKCORP is an installer that patches many IOSs and installs them. This is done to be able to play Backups from disc channel (because whatever IOS the game needs will always be patched -> backups work).

DARKCORP is just a new name for cIOSCORP, nothing else. Also, using DARKCORP shouldn't be more dangerous than updating your system through Nintendo.

agreed mistur.
darkcorp installer as the same risk of any nintendo system installation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: