cIOSCorp and disc updates

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Exort, Jan 9, 2010.

Jan 9, 2010

cIOSCorp and disc updates by Exort at 7:26 PM (758 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Exort
    OP

Newcomer Exort Advanced Member

Canada
    I just updated my Wii with the "newest" softmoding hacks (it's always hard to know if you download the exact latest updates).

I installed cIOSCorp and everything seems to work just fine.

My only problem is many of my games (even many months old ones) want to launch an update. Now I know updates where a problem back then when I first got into Wii softmoding. Is there any issues related to updating and if yes what are they.

I know there's something to patch the ISOs before burning them to remove the update, if someone could point me out it's name and where to get it would be very appreciated.

Finally, is there any way I can ALWAYS skip the updates (I think Starfall was doing something like this in the days, never installed though) because I have many backups already that still have updates. For the moment I launch them with a backup launcher.

Thanks!!

2. snikerz

Member snikerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Liechtenstein
    Look into StartPatch or Preloader!

3. Exort
    OP

Newcomer Exort Advanced Member

Canada
    Oh nice, I wasn't aware of StartPatch! I already have bootmii so Preloader seems a little too much. Thanks!

I see there is region free enabling there. Is is 100% working or are there issues with PAL games for exemple?