Hacking Cioscorp 3.5 w/ GH5 and PAL..Need Help

Mossat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so finally i get 3.5 to work and it loads ntsc backup through disc channel no prob. Now on the read me it say GH5 pal and ntsc both work. Well it doesn't on mine and neither does GH Metallica. Metallica works in softchip but GH5 is black screen of death. Before 3.5 i had gh5 working with mutlicios intall ios 37 in 249 but I don't know what happened when I re-installed cios installer and then cioscorp 3.5. Any Help thanks

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's because during the test, GH5 PAL was tested on a PAL wii. Check the compatibility list.
I'm assuming your wii is NTSC. The black screen is a classic video mode issue. It seems that GH5 PAL may not have the NTSC video mode on the disc, so when it loads on an NTSC wii, it looks for the NTSC video mode info on the disc, which isn't there, and blackscreens.

Try loading it via Gecko OS and force PAL video mode (might have to adjust TV setting), or temporarily change your video mode to PAL using AnyRegionChanger, or just obtain NTSC copies of GH5 and GH:Metallica and use them.

tw3nz0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For reference, GH5 NTSC works fine on 4.1U with cIOSCORP 3.5 for me personally, so yeah, just obtain the NTSC version. The music stores are different too, so you'll be stuck if you even get the PAL copy to work on your NTSC system.

Jynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 4.2U w/ cISOCORP 3.5. GH5 loads up but will only do roadie battle. When I pause the game so i can quit or go back..etc none of the buttons works on any of the menu screens. However in game play the buttons work just fine to play songs. I can't figure it out...

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tw3nz0r said:
For reference, GH5 NTSC works fine on 4.1U with cIOSCORP 3.5 for me personally, so yeah, just obtain the NTSC version. The music stores are different too, so you'll be stuck if you even get the PAL copy to work on your NTSC system.
Not really. System region and store region are completely different. I have an otherwise 100% USA Wii but I use the Japanese store because it is required for Karaoke Joysound Wii to download songs and such...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse