Hacking cIOS_fix Bricked Wii

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.1. By the way, I'm currently testing another rescue disc that should get me into BootMii, meaning I can restore a NAND and be good to go.

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have access to WAD Manager. What IOSes does Waninkoko's 4.1 updater use? Could I just download these and install them through the WAD manager? What could I use to download them?

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, though, I don't know which IOS is causing the problem. I see the "system files are corrupted" message before the Health & Safety Warning. Doesn't that imply that the System Menu is not causing the problem?

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grr! I can't seem to find any HBC recovery discs that work. The only one I can get to work is the Universal Unbrick Disc, which only takes me right to the WAD Manager. However, I think one of the recovery discs loads the BootMii IOS, so if I can install BootMii as an IOS (possible with WAD manager?), then I should be able to launch the HBC, then install BootMii as boot2, and then be back in business.

EDIT: By the way, I uninstalled cIOS_fix a while ago, which obviously didn't fix the problem.

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using a HBC that autoboots as IOS60, and it didn't work. The SaveMii version indicator remained on the lower right of the screen, and the disc stopped spinning. However, there's one that boots as IOS249 in the same package, so I'll burn and test that now.

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work. Can anyone find a HBC recovery disc that might work? Or, would it be possible to mod the Universal Unbrick Disc into loading the HBC instead?

Also, if someone could provide the BootMii IOS as a WAD, that would be invaluable.

EDIT: Someone PLEASE tell me this is normal for a "system files corrupt" screen? I hope it doesn't signify a hardware problem.
3pgxxe5jbyl9yyywzssd.jpg

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
that looks like a preloader error are u sure you dont have preloader installed? if so try holding reset while powering on your wii and see if it boots into preloader? otherwise i'm not sure what else causes that scrambled corrupt screen

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm positive I don't have Preloader installed. Plus, the scrambled screen happened even before I formatted my system memory.

Basically, before I formatted, once every couple days or so, I'd have to battle the Wii with constant resets until the "system files corrupted" message went away, and then it'd work for a while. During that, the screen was scrambled, too, though I've no idea what caused those errors in the first place.

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed! Dang it, I'm so ignorant. I grabbed System Menu 4.1 from NUS and installed it, and I'm in the System Menu now. BootMii time...

Thanks SO MUCH for everyone's help!

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more thing, actually... BootMii is refusing to bring up its menu. I've tried installing it several times now, and I do have the SD card inserted. Any reason this would happen?

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, BootMii just doesn't like my SD card, even though it's worked previously I tried a 128MB one, and it works fine. I'll just buy a new one, I guess. Thanks!

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haxxy said:
You're right, I do feel dumb for trying it. It's just that it's the method I used last time I downgraded from the same system version (4.0), so I figured it'd work again.

Also, my Wii is a launch Wii.

The reason I restarted my Wii so many times was because I had previously gotten the same error message, and it would go away after several restarts. I didn't have hope, but I figured it was worth a shot.

I never installed BootMii because I didn't like the startup menu, and I didn't figure out until now that I could prevent the startup menu from appearing unless I need it.

If it's a launch Wii, you may have the option of installing an Infectus, then BootMii boot2, then making a dump and betwiining a working one back in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: