cIOS38 rev(X) ret-1035

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Wolvenreign, Apr 23, 2010.

Apr 23, 2010

cIOS38 rev(X) ret-1035 by Wolvenreign at 4:30 AM (2,218 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Wolvenreign
    OP

Member Wolvenreign Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat

United States
    Curse it all.

I've been working on this for months now. MONTHS. Trying to get a 4.1 Wii hacked properly. First, I tried downgrading it, only to have it fail with similar installation errors. Then, I found out that I could hack it even though it's 4.1 without downgrading, so I began to follow this guide. Followed the steps from beginning to end, skipping only the 4.2 and preloader steps (was successful in installing BootMii as boot2 and backing up the NAND, as well as using the Trucha bug restorer in the correct order, including the restoration of IOS15 afterward). I also used cIOSXrev19 instead of the outdated cIOS36rev14. Actually, I tried that along with rev17 and rev14, so that's why I put the "rev(x)" in the thread title.

I selected IOS36 instead of the default in each of my tries. The network installation appears to go alright, until it says
    Code:
    Installation ERROR! ret-1035
    , followed by a
    Code:
    Finishing Installation, Please Wait....Successful! Press any button to restart.
    What in the name of Father Pink Panther is going on here? (Help appreciated. As they say in my home country, {ki'e}.)

2. rayben

Member rayben GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Install hermes Cios and try to install ciosx r19 using cios 223.

3. Wolvenreign
    OP

United States
    Do you mean cIOS 222? That's the one Hermes' installer uses. I tried that, ended up with the same error, even though Hermes' said it was successful.

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    of course u would get the same error when trying to use the same IOS to install a cIOS... repeat the trucha bug restorer step, but this time use dop-mii's fakesign restorer to do it, then make sure u remove any stub IOSs (which u probably don't have unless u are on 4.2) then repeat trying to install the cIOSs using IOS36

5. Wolvenreign
    OP

United States
    Just tried that, same error. DOP-MII said it's operation was a success, but cIOS refuses once again to install correctly.

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    load dop-mii and use it to delete IOS249 and try again

7. Wolvenreign
    OP

United States
    Ehh, slap me on the spleen and call me a noobie, but I don't see the option to uninstall IOS in DOP-Mii v12. It says it should be there on the changelog. So how exactly do I delete an IOS using DOP-Mii? (Yes, I Googled this.)

8. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha

9. Wolvenreign
    OP

United States
    Yeah, that's the right site. Gosh, and it was the third result down, too. [​IMG]

Anyway, uninstalling 249 seems to have worked. I've yet to try the backup launcher or Wad Manger, so I'll try those and then edit this post.

Edit: Alright, everything's working. {ki'e} to all who have helped me with this.

In summary for anyone reading this, if you get a -1035 error while trying to install a cIOS38 on your 4.1 Wii, it's because you have a stub IOS249. You need to use DOPMii to remove it with instructions posted here.