Hacking cIOS38 Rev 14 Bad Sound

wiiboy33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed cIOS38 Rev 14 to run Gamma 7 (Coming from cIOS36 Rev 7 running Gamma 6) and the Wii sounds raspy and makes popping noise threw the menu & games just bad sound all around.

I had cIOS36 Rev 10 on the card so I went to that and it went back to normal.

Is their a problem with sound on cIOS38 Rev 14 and is their a fix, because I want to run Gamma 7?

wiiboy33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also no expert but when I first installed rev14 I selected wad install instead of network and when loading gamma 7 after it said I was still on cIOS36_rev7 so I then installed it threw network do you think that could be the reason the sound is bad and where did the wad install go after it was completed?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
A bad power supply on a USB device (such as cheap externally powered drive) connected to your wii can cause these problems. I've had it happen to me before.

See if removing your USB HDD makes it normal again.

If it does, use a different device or power supply (but i know nothing about this, may be more trouble than its worth).

frenchderf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I read that if preloader is not set to autoboot system menu, this sound issue appears.

Try to set preloader (if you use it) to autoboot : system menu.
resolved this for me

frenchderf
dry.gif

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
never had any sound problem on my wii using various cios' or any of the other half a dozen or so wii's ive modded.

i have had visual interference from a dodgey usb --> ide converter with its own power pack before though. replaced it with a usb powered 2.5" drive and has been fine ever since.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
One thing that can add stress to your disk drive itself...In preloader make sure you have the Stop disk from spinning set in your Hacks.INI or it will damage the actual disk drive (just keeps spinning and if you let your wii set idle long enough thats not so good) and eventually you can end up with a wii thats MOTOR (the drive motor ) has beem running to much and it seems to get "weak" (sometimes make scrapping loud sounds or ticking) especially launch model consoles that have been downgraded for some reason from what i can tell they get it more often than newer wii's..(running gamma also does this because when you initialize a disk it makes a HARD click sound EVERY time you load a backup at 3X Neogamma r8 or wiigators 0.3 gamma makes no difference I have had to buy a new wii and go wth Usb loading seems to be healthier on my drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]