Hacking cIOS36 rev14 vs. cIOS rev14

GUILTIE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I softmodded my Wii a while back and have started playing it again. I was looking to upgrade to the latest USB loaders, cIOS's, etc., but it's very confusing. Currently I see on my SD card "cIOS36_rev10" and I want to update to the latest. I also read online about updates to cIOS rev14, but I didn't know if this was different than cIOS36 rev14. Maybe someone can explain the difference and what needs to be updated. Thanks for your help, as all of the IOS+number stuff is very confusing
blink.gif

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
cIOS36 rev14.
There is no cIOS36 rev14. Rev14 is based on IOS38, so it's cIOS38 rev14.

QUOTE said:
I also read online about updates to cIOS rev14, but I didn't know if this was different than cIOS36 rev14.
They're one and the same. It's common to leave off the 36 or 38 attached to "cIOS". Here's an explanation of what the "cIOS38 rev14" means:

cIOS38 indicates it's a custom IOS based upon IOS38. rev14 denotes the version/release of the custom IOS.

From the above explanation: cIOS38 rev14 is "release 14 of a modified IOS38". All cIOSes, when installed, install into IOS slots 249 and 250.

QUOTE said:
Currently I see on my SD card "cIOS36_rev10" and I want to update to the latest
If you want to update rev10, download cIOS38 rev14 installer and run it. Follow the directions and select Network Install. It'll update itself.

Thanks for your help, as all of the IOS+number stuff is very confusing
Agreed. Took me a while to fully understand it myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup