cIOS screwed up, please help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bigbugx, Jan 6, 2010.

Jan 6, 2010

cIOS screwed up, please help by bigbugx at 6:26 PM (1,336 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. bigbugx
    OP

Newcomer bigbugx Newbie

Canada
    Yesterday I installed cIOS 222 and 38 trying to get the USB Loader GX running but it screwed up all the apps. Now the Backup Loader v0.3 Gamma no longer works. When a backup disc is loaded, my wii freezes with a black screen. Anything run under homebrew also gives me a black screen. I can still boot up to the system menu, and the original wii discs are ok.

Should I uninstall all cIOS? or any better solution? thx

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You're still using 0.3 Gamma? That thing is horribly outdated. Try installing cIOS38 rev14 (do not use 15 or 16), and run games through the much newer NeoGamma.

cIOS222 is mainly used for USB Loading. Backup discs normally run under IOS249.

3. bigbugx
    OP

Newcomer bigbugx Newbie

Canada
    Yeah, I haven't touched my wii for months until I found that you can load games from usb now.

so my questions are:

1. How to overwrite cIOS38rev16 with cIOS38rev14? Do I need some tool to uninstall it first?

2. How to choose the right cIOS slot for particular apps? After I installed cIOS222 and run the USB Loader GX, I can see that it is still using cIOS249 instead of 222.

thanks again.

4. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    it would be much faster to poke around the settings in usb loader GX and see the IOS setting rather than post here and wait for an answer.

5. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    just install rev14 over the top of rev16

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    1. just run the cIOS38rev14 installer (if it errors, use any title deleter to delete IOS249, then re-run the installer)

2. go to the global options of your usb loader and change it to use 222 instead of 249 (same goes for configurable usb loader, just be sure to save changes)

7. bigbugx
    OP

Newcomer bigbugx Newbie

Canada
    Ok, here is the update:

I install IOS38v14, and NeoGamma works fine.

Then I reinstall IOS222, use the default "IOS38" option. After this NeoGamma doesn't run. So I install IOS222 with the second option "IOS38 combined with IOS37". NeoGamma runs OK again.

Next to do I tried USB Loader GX, first r866 and then r883, load directly from SD without channel or forwarder. I can't find any option or global setting of the loader as other posts suggested. After I click "Start", I see the following messages:

r866:
    -------
    Reloading into ios 236
    IOS 236 Not Found, reloading into 36
    Starting up
    Initializing controllers
    Initializing USB (wake up)
    Reloading IOS 249...0
    Init wbfs

r883:
    ---------
    Starting up
    Initializing controllers
    Initializing USB (wake up)
    Reloading IOS 249...0
    Init wbfs

Around half a minute after the Init wbfs message, I got something like "USB device not found or you have a slow USB device" in a split second, then the screen has vertical stripes all of it. The LED on my USB drive was turned off.

I used a 2GB and a 4GB USB stick, both formatted in FAT, with "We Ski and Snowboard" WBFS file on it. The results are the same.

From the above message, was it using IOS222 at all? Any setting I am missing?