Hacking cIOS Rev7 and Rev10 Question

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.0E Wii and have Homebrew Channel and DVDX installed on it (via BannerBomb and BootMii). I now want to install WAD Manager so I'm going to follow this guide (scroll down a little) which will install cIOS Rev7. But then I looked at the cIOS Rev's changelog and saw that on Rev10's changelog, it's written "SDHC module added". What exactly does this mean? I have a Sandisk 4GB Class 2 SDHC, so will this mean that it won't be supported in some way by any cIOS under the Rev10? If so, shall I install Rev10 through the WAD Installation method or Network Installation method? Also, how exactly shall I install it (with reference to guide method of installing Rev7). Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Your SDHC won't work if cIOS does not support SDHC cards. Even with support, it might not work, but this is another "compatiblity-thing".

I recommend you to use cIOS r10. You can install it as you wish. If you have the appropiate WAD, you should choose WAD install; if you can count on your WiFi-Module, use network installation. The results will be equal.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
rev10 has a few bugs in it. i heard that quite a while ago.

i dont think you can install a cIOS over wi-fi on FW 4.0, it will download but then something stops it from installing.

however you can install a .wad of cIOS36_RevX (X being any number) using wad manager. but this MIGHT require using an IOS with the trucha bug, which firmware 4.0 does not have.

but there are ways to get an IOS downgraded get trucha bug on at least one IOS, then you can use wad manager 1.4 to install it using the downgraded IOS
smile.gif

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
Your SDHC won't work if cIOS does not support SDHC cards. Even with support, it might not work, but this is another "compatiblity-thing".

I recommend you to use cIOS r10. You can install it as you wish. If you have the appropiate WAD, you should choose WAD install; if you can count on your WiFi-Module, use network installation. The results will be equal.
So, what you're saying is that my SDHC card won't be compatible with cIOS Rev7, right? So my SDHC won't be read at all ? So, I'll just replace the cIOS Rev7.wad with the cIOS Rev10.wad. Do I have to place the cIOS Rev10.wad on the root of the SD Card or do I place it in the "wad" folder

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
correct, SDHC support isnt available in homebrew without cIOS_rev10.

and i think it goes on the root of the card. you could always put it in the root and wad folder just to be safe though XD

it might need to be named correctly though... if it does then the name will be something like 'IOS36-64-v1042.wad' because it uses the original IOS then patches it i believe.

if you have the ready patched wad, just install via wad manager lol

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't have any of those WADs. Neither patched nor unpatched. Can anyone provide a download or link to it? A patched one would be greatly appreciated

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
erm do you actually have ANY cIOS installed at all? if so just go with the rev10 installer.

otherwise, just search for any cIOS_rev online and install it through wad manager.

can someone tell me if IOS16 has been fixed yet? so it doesnt have the trucha bug?
if it hasnt then install IOS16, then use custom wad manager to install your cIOS
smile.gif

sorry if i confuse, i manage to do that quite alot lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself