Hacking cios rev12 any reason to update?

ppc_gba

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
198
Trophies
0
XP
258
Country
United States
Anyone know what the ffs and es plugins are for?

I don't see a need to hack the e-ticket services any further, we can already install anything we want. Instead, I think the es plugin is the fix for new LU64 wiis. They likely search for the bugged code pattern when loading/running an ios, and refuse to continue if it has been found. So waninkoko likely erased/overwrote the old function and added a new function for installation of content like this:
check_signature(data) {
return true;
}
So anything will always pass the signature, whether or not it was fakesigned. I'm not sure if it wasn't already hacked in this way in previous cioses. It could also be that the protection was a little more complicated, such as a whitelist where the processor only checks that the ios has a working signature checking function. Maybe someone with closer to the actual development can shine some light on it.
 

chaseincats

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
522
Trophies
0
XP
369
Country
United States
Smartpal said:
I updated to rev 12 then downgraded back to rev 10 as USB Loader started freezing up for me.


QUOTE(ThetaSigma10 @ Jun 1 2009, 02:07 AM) i have noticed that in rev12 games load slower/etc.


this is a shame, well I have my answer then, thanks gents
 
5

576ZR673tf

Guest
Waninkoko said himself that they put a delay for loading to get all the usb devices to work.
Though, it seems like they're gonna change it back in rev13.

And btw, my answer to your question : no. No. No. Rev9 is still the best for me.
 

Cmurda187

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2008
Messages
234
Trophies
0
Location
The depths of HELL
XP
1,059
Country
United States
The only problem I have had with rev12 beside a slower load time is that my wiimote now must be turned on its side for it to work and also it moves the oppisite way of what I move it. Anyone else had this problem. Guess I'll go back to rev10 until something more stable is released.
 

nicko68

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 31, 2009
Messages
62
Trophies
0
XP
108
Country
Canada
Cmurda187 said:
The only problem I have had with rev12 beside a slower load time is that my wiimote now must be turned on its side for it to work and also it moves the oppisite way of what I move it. Anyone else had this problem. Guess I'll go back to rev10 until something more stable is released.

I don't need to do this right now, but for future reference, how do you uninstall a particular CIOS?
 

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
841
Trophies
0
XP
1,579
Country
United States
nicko68 said:
Cmurda187 said:
The only problem I have had with rev12 beside a slower load time is that my wiimote now must be turned on its side for it to work and also it moves the oppisite way of what I move it. Anyone else had this problem. Guess I'll go back to rev10 until something more stable is released.

I don't need to do this right now, but for future reference, how do you uninstall a particular CIOS?

Just install an earlier cIOS version in the 249 slot.
 

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
10,063
Trophies
1
Location
This planet
XP
2,674
Country
Belgium
Mark McDonut said:
nicko68 said:
Cmurda187 said:
The only problem I have had with rev12 beside a slower load time is that my wiimote now must be turned on its side for it to work and also it moves the oppisite way of what I move it. Anyone else had this problem. Guess I'll go back to rev10 until something more stable is released.

I don't need to do this right now, but for future reference, how do you uninstall a particular CIOS?

Just install an earlier cIOS version in the 249 slot.
or use waninkoko's cIOS uninstaller if you want it gone
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: I liked your old name better