Hacking cIOS rev10 and up won't work

Hushling

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble making cIOS rev10-13 to work on my 3.2U, LU31+ Wii. Whenever I have one of those cIOS installed, my console freezes whenever it tries to load a game via Backup Launcher. I even tried multiple loaders, and all of them causes my Wii to freeze. The highest cIOS rev that I can use is rev9; anything higher doesn't seem to work. Is some IOS I have conflicting with this? Does anyone else have this problem? I tried looking all over the web and I can't find anything issues similar to this. I listed all the IOS I have installed on my Wii.

IOS:
36, 33, 28, 22, 14, 37, 61, 60, 16, 51, 254, 35, 53, 38, 55, 34, 31, 30, 21, 20, 17, 13, 12, 11, 15, 9, 34, 249

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
try the other usb port.

CIOS rev 10 and above use specifically the bottom usb port (if your wii is horizontal).

Since yours is freezing, this may or may not fix your problem, but hey, worth a shot.

Hushling

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using Backup Launcher .3 and tried NeoGamma as well. Tried using USB Loader GX and that seems to work, but Wii doesn't seem to read disc via Backup Launcher. Does cIOS rev 10+ not allow backups to be played on disc? My HDD isn't that big and sometimes I would like to have the options of playing it on disc. Is this sometime I have to compromise?

Hushling

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I even tried uninstalling 249 and installing a rev above 9 and I still get the same problem. I'm completely stumped right now and any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs