Daisuke9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all,
in the past few weeks i have been trying to get updated properly. i have read many topics, posts and replies about many things. Almost info overkill.
I have even got some solid advice that has got me to this point Im almost done.

WHich is the cIOS Rev. 13a we need to have installed?
Is it IOS36r13a or IOS38r13a ??

when i read that i need to have the lastest cIOS13a i find that there is 2 a 36 and a 38 rev.13a avalibke. and both do certain things. but which one or should both be installed and where.

Thanks for the help
Daisuke

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE ANSWER BELOW THIS LINE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have found the answer i needed. the cIOSr13a that is required for neogammaR6 is infact IOS38r13a
that file is also the newset in the string ig cIOS files. c=custom as noted in a post below.

Im closing this thread since i started it. the rest of the reply's on down to the bottom don't eally hold any meaning to Newbies and to read further may confuse what you are looking to understand.

I do thank those who have helped in getting this answerd your input did help me look in a direction in order to obtain the corrct
answer.

Thanks Daisuke

pm_41

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It's rev13b.
tongue.gif

Daisuke9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pm_41 said:
It's rev13b.
tongue.gif

which rev13b?
36 or 38 there is information about the 13b having problems and we should use the 13a.

not only that but we just ran IOS36patcher to get the latest cIOS installed[CIOS36r13a ] to use TBR to get startpatch or preloader to work properly.

BY instaalling cIOS38R13 it will overwrite IOS36. be doing this will startpatch or preloader no longer work?

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
never knew there was a cios 36 rev 13 at all

always thought it was cios 38 rev 13

cios rev 10 was based on ios 36

Daisuke9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
never knew there was a cios 36 rev 13 at all

always thought it was cios 38 rev 13

cios rev 10 was based on ios 36
well either way i want to use neogamma. and to use it properly i need to install rev13a. it must mean IOS38r13a.
but do we use wadmanger to uninstall the gamma channel before this. or just delete the channel.

shiv187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi there! I could not figure it out, what's the issue with this stuff, but as far as I know, - it doesn't matter what IOS version you chose., because cIOS REV. XXx is just only used to install cIOS249 through a bug in IOS, not by modifying IOS intself, and the TBR is the tool that used to modifying/patching IOS and adding fakesigning bug to IOS, allowing you to utilise cIOS REV. XXx on the most recent versions of official N software firmwares(with bug unavailable by default giving you the -2011/-1017 errors during the process of cIOS249)/ So when you have recent cIOS249 installed game loaders will work OK/

Daisuke9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shiv187 said:
Hi there! I could not figure it out, what's the issue with this stuff, but as far as I know, - it doesn't matter what IOS version you chose., because cIOS REV. XXx is just only used to install cIOS249 through a bug in IOS, not by modifying IOS intself, and the TBR is the tool that used to modifying/patching IOS and adding fakesigning bug to IOS, allowing you to utilise cIOS REV. XXx on the most recent versions of official N software firmwares(with bug unavailable by default giving you the -2011/-1017 errors during the process of cIOS249)/ So when you have recent cIOS249 installed game loaders will work OK/

Ok so when i install IOS38r13a its just doing somthing it needs to do. and then it wil make the neogammarev6 work correctly.
But buy installing this IOS38r13a it writes over the ios36 patched i used to get the tbr to pach a bug .
the neogammaR6 will work but will the t/bug still be present? so startpatch to work?
if not whats next?
this sounds like a merry-go-round of a sort rightnow what was giving me 002 error with gamma.3 is now giving me 001 error with neogamma. BUT i have not installed the IOSrev13a yet.
thats next i was just testing to see what results i would get.

Umpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I started out over on WiiHacks and whilst I have managed to softmod my Wii and get the usbloader yo work, it's not been easy as I have also found all these IOS & cIOS that are what I have come to understand as miss named, in that I mean take this cIOS38 rev 13x - its really cIOS 249 v13x. I have had others too that masquerade as one thing only to find it over writes another.

The absence of a cIOS wad version checker is a bind, and the custom cIOS downloader’s - whilst are good, only add to the confusion. What I would like is a page dedicated to cIOS telling you the filename - what it is - what it does & why we need it.

Anyone up for it ?

Daisuke9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umpa said:
Well I started out over on WiiHacks and whilst I have managed to softmod my Wii and get the usbloader yo work, it's not been easy as I have also found all these IOS & cIOS that are what I have come to understand as miss named, in that I mean take this cIOS38 rev 13x - its really cIOS 249 v13x. I have had others too that masquerade as one thing only to find it over writes another.

The absence of a cIOS wad version checker is a bind, and the custom cIOS downloader’s - whilst are good, only add to the confusion. What I would like is a page dedicated to cIOS telling you the filename - what it is - what it does & why we need it.

Anyone up for it ?

Absolutly i second the motion. your not the only one who sees the IOS's mis-labled mis-interpeted.

shiv187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
omg it's kinda boring -- every IOS is a part of a whole Wii OS, each of IOS is used to operate necessary task. e.g/cIOS means custom IOS -- it's a modified IOS and it used for homebrew to get appropriate access to the system resources, and you just install it to add functional ability for it; cIOS38 rev 13x is not cIOS 249 v13x it just installs Custom IOS as IOS249 and finally I see no resons why it won't give you any problem with preloader, because -- IOS38_rev13 is not modifying any of the default IOS's/

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
yes, cIOS38 simply means it is a modified IOS38, so it has some IOS38 features which IOS36 obviously does not have and might be necessary for some games. Even if you could initially think it's a pretty dumb way of updating a "firmware" to create new ones each time, there is a reason for that, you know, it's to keep compatibilty with old games. New games = new features = new IOS, simple as that...

Now, most cIOS are installed as IOS249 because this is one of the IOS slot that is (currently) not used by any official software, hence the confusion... technically the cIOS should be named cIOS38revxx and the cIOS installer should be named IOS249 Installer.

However I think the confusion only occurs because people are too lazy to read and learn a few basic concepts...

Umpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
However I think the confusion only occurs because people are too lazy to read and learn a few basic concepts...

However I think the confusion occurs because its a very confusing system. - installing IOS38 as IOS249, and that neogammer reports it as 249 v13 - oh its as clear as mud !

The fact is (and this is not a dig at this site as they are all the same) - there are lots of out dated tutorials & advice (telling ppl to downgrade) and old files. Clean these up and we might stand a snowballs chance.

If you don’t have a job, and have ALL day (and your life) to look on web forums - then sure your going to find what you need - for the rest of us its a tool to get the job done.

That’s not meant at anyone in particular but I know it will hit some hard.

Daisuke9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we are slowly getting of post topic. this is post #13 and i have to see anything that resembles a answer to my question SO i will write it down again. and remeber this is because i got a downloaded file that said it was IOS38 but when i opened the RAR it was IOS36. the 13a doesnt really matter at the moment cause if i can find out which IOS rev 13a not b comes from i can finish installing neogamma properly.

Which is the cIOS Rev. 13a we need to have installed for NeoGamma?
Is it IOS36r13a or IOS38r13a ?

I understand the ios249 hole now. its just the access point that everything go's in on.
when this began i had lost access to some original disc usage and now thats resolved. after this i should have the 002 error fixed neogamma.
i chose to use startpatch instead of preloader becuase i jst wanted to skip update checking. i have not even read about the whole region free channels. if i check region free channels and patch it. does that mean new channels will just pop up from all over the world without me seeking them out?
if so that might not be bad.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
yes, cIOS38 simply means it is a modified IOS38, so it has some IOS38 features which IOS36 obviously does not have and might be necessary for some games. Even if you could initially think it's a pretty dumb way of updating a "firmware" to create new ones each time, there is a reason for that, you know, it's to keep compatibilty with old games. New games = new features = new IOS, simple as that...

this was my answer
I think IOS38 has Microphon support built-in and might be required for some games to work properly.
I don't know if games using IOS

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
did you read my post?

if anyone is refering to cios36 rev13a or b, its a typo.

hell, give me a link to cios36 rev 13, id love to see it.

shiv187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I suppose this is the list of all cIOS installer revisions:

cIOS37_rev01
cIOS37_rev02
cIOS37_rev03
cIOS36_rev04
cIOS36_rev05
cIOS36_rev06
cIOS36_rev07
cIOS36_rev08
cIOS36_rev09
cIOS36_rev10
cIOS36_rev11
cIOS38_rev12
cIOS38_rev13
cIOS38_rev13b

Though yeah, maybe cIOS36 rev13a was developed especially for some noobz and downloading available only if you are one of them//..., --I don't know/.
smile.gif

Daisuke9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
did you read my post?

if anyone is refering to cios36 rev13a or b, its a typo.

hell, give me a link to cios36 rev 13, id love to see it.

K great if you know it was a typo then why would you love to see it? we would all be better off and further along if it was marked as a typo or deleted with the trash.

we are closer 20 replys now with still no clear answer other then it was a typo.
As you most likly know posting links to files is a big nono here so im sending you a PM with the link you requested.

Im closing this thread since i started it. i have found the answer i needed. the cIOSr13a that is required for neogammaR6 is infact IOS38r13a
that file is also the newset in the string ig cIOS files c=custom as note above.

I have also posted this answer in the top post as well to save anyoone from having to read thru this drivel.

I do thank those who have helped in getting this answerd your input did help me look in a direction in order to obtain the corrct answer.
Daisuke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.