cIOS problems from the start

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Techs, Aug 29, 2009.

Aug 29, 2009

cIOS problems from the start by Techs at 12:05 AM (1,182 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    my girlfriends uncle has a hardmodded wii, he hasnt updated it since he got it, hes not sure what he has and i dont have the tools too open it and look. now hes asked me too take a look at it because for a while none of his new games have been working, all giving him the 001 error, now i dont know much on this so im just presuming its that he has no cIOS on his wii at all, soo iv tried installing straight too rev13, not working, tried the patch available and that didnt work, so iv tried installed rev7 and that didnt work either, now i want too try rev1 but i cant find it anywhere, can you guys think of anything else?

also, i have put GeckOS on his wii jst incase i cant get the cIOS on his wii as i know that has an error 001 blocker

EDIT: ok... i THOUGHT it had a 001 error blocker, i just looked and it doesnt.

2. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    omg please read the stickies, but firstly, if you have a hardmodded wii that means you have a modchip, cios's are softmod, so you dont have any, so u need to treat your wii like u havent done anything, please read, rev 1 is a big piece of crap now compared to rev14. so dont bother looking for it, theres a reason you cant find it.

3. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Rev10 is good but you really don't need a softmod. Have you checked to see if its still functioning?

4. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    yeh everything works fine BAR most games nowadays, just giving the 001 error and i had tried rev 13 but that failed me giving me the ret error -2011 so i tried the patch like i had too on my own wii but that didnt work either. so will rev14 put cIOS straight onto the wii without any prior cIOS installed?

5. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    sorry about the bump but i really need help with this, if rev14 is so good then all i need too know is does it put cIOS on the wii without any prior cIOS installed?

6. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    Just patch the isos with generic wii patcher for 001 fix before you burn.

7. tanis698

Member tanis698 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the wii is hardmodded he don't have anything on there for softmod. read one of the guides if you really want to softmod it.

8. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Are you trying to install those cIOS's and then still running them through the disc channel? If so, that would be why they are doing absolutely nothing to fix your problem. cIOS's are meant to be used with backup loaders, not the disc channel.

Use Neogamma R7 to load disc based games after installing cIOS rev14. If you are on 3.1 or 3.2 or something, then you should be able to just directly install the cIOS by running the installer and choosing any 2 digit IOS and doing a network installation (if you have wifi).

Since you were getting that error, I'm assuming you are on a system menu higher than that and don't have the trucha bug, in which case you have to use the Trucha Bug Restorer to downgrade IOS15, run it again USING IOS15 to install an IOS36 with the trucha bug and ES_Identify, then run it again off IOS36 and restore IOS15.

Then run the cIOS rev14 installer and have it choose IOS36 to use and do a network installation and you shouldn't get that error.

Then you should be able to use NeoGamma R7 from that point.

So basically read through the guide in my sig and follow that or one of the ones linked at the end of it after understanding what you're doing.

9. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    ok thanks for your help nabster ill give that a try, if none of the cIOS stuff works then ill just contact my friend about seeing if his chip needs an update

10. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    cIOS has NOTHING to do with modchips. Installing one will do nothing to fix the problem.

11. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    thanks for your help nabster, i havnt opened his wii up but i downloaded the wiikey latest update, put it onto disc, run it, but i just got an error, so iv had too use neogamma R7 but honestly, thanks for your help.