Hacking cIOS issues

Sisee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem of sorts.

I used to have the Homebrew Channel on my Wii on a lower firmware, but when it came to update to 4.0 I deleted it, not knowing I couldn't re-install it.

But I descovered the new method and I was installing Homebrew Channel on my 4.0 system, and in my absent mindedness I removed my cIOS thinking it would also need updating.
I've tried everything to get it back, but I can't install it anymore.
And I need it for the USB Loader to work.

I've tried all the "4.0 virgin" methods, thinking it would work, but I can't get it to load.

Any ideas?
I do have a Wiinja chip to hand, although I never fitted it, as as soon as I purchased it I descovered the Twilight Hack.
but if I can use that to boot a downgrade disc or something I will.

Help!

PS. I d have Homebrew Channel installed, but none of the cIOS apps work properly.

The error is specific to Installing Ticket:

[+] Adding Custom IOS, please wait...
>> Installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)

But the (ret = -XXXX) varies with the installation programs.

coedshowers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use the bannerbomb to get to wani's downgrader and downgrade to 3.2 then just start over at step 1 on any of the softmii or any other guides you want to use to softmod it. i would suggest dropping bootmii on it too :/

Sisee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I sorted it out.
Took most of my morning, but I found a really good tutorial, different to the others. Which is why I gave it a go.
It worked.
My problem was I'd completely removed ALL my cIOSs, and 4.0 in any region won't let you install them again, unless you already have one. Kind of a "foot-in-the-door" thing.
But the tutorial I found was written for fresh, completely un-modified 4.0 firmwares.
I managed to re-install the cIOSs I needed, and I'm fine now.

Although, I will be extremely careful in the future.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea bit of a protip for homebrew:

Don't delete things. Unless you have like a bad wad that bricked you, in which case you would delete the bad wad, or if you need more space on your wii you could delete like a vc game or something. There are very few reasons you will ever have to delete the homebrew channel or any cios/ios you installed. If you ever do feel you need to update something, pretty much anything will just install over the previous iteration.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.