cIOS = Issues and Crashing

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Beige, May 25, 2009.

1. Beige
    OP

Beige GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2008
    United States
    Volcano Bakemeat
    Alright, I had cIOS 249 rev7 installed on my Wii before the 4.0 update. I did a normal one, and was still able to run Gamma. I later updated it to rev9, and all went well. No brick, things still operated normally (Including Gamma.) Then I tried using both USBLoader 1.4 and USBLoader GX. In both cases, I can start the installation (USB Drives, External HDDs, and SD Cards) but then I get a DSI Exception, leading to a crash. I later tried to run the rev10 updater, using a network connection, but I got the same problem. I'd like to NOT downgrade my IOS's or anything along those lines, considering I already have a cIOS.

My Wii is not an LU64, obviously.

2. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    Where intellect matters
    Yah I'm only about 50-50 on this but I think you'll have to run IOS downgrader.

3. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    Try doing the wad install of cIOS rev10 first and see how you get on - any errors anywhere when installing any cIOS?

4. Beige
    OP

Beige GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2008
    United States
    Volcano Bakemeat
    Crashed when it tried to install.

UPDATE: I'm attempting an IOS downgrade. I don't like it, but I might as well try...
    UPDATE 2: It's quitting time, that failed too :/

5. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    Where intellect matters
    I suggest you use Any Title Deleter and NAND Clean to get a fresh start because it seems that maybe you've installed some wrong patched IOSs, cIOSs, etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice