Hacking cIOS installation

babaquazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello i have just received my wii today. It is a PAL v4.0E but i have run bannerbomb and installed homebrew channel. i was wondering about where to go from here. From some research i have found that i have to install a cIOS followed by a back-up launcher 0.3 gamma to enable me to play backed up games off.( I don't plan to use usb loaders). i have downloaded the following file:
Code:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6531

Now i don't have wireless internet so could you please point me in the right direction? From waht I have read it seems as though i copy the 'cIOS38r14_installer" folder inside the 'apps" folder on my sd card. After this i am confused. Could you please clarify the follow questions?

Q1. What is the "OS38-64-v3610.wad" file and do i put it on my root of SD card as i I don't have wireless internet
Q2. What is IOS249 and IOS36
Q3. is it safe to download the "IOS38-64-v3610.wad" file from anywhere? Can my wii become bricked as a result of downloading it from a "shifty" website?

So basically i would appreciate some advice regarding where to go from where i am.

Many thanks,
babaquazi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself