cIOS installation

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by babaquazi, Sep 19, 2009.

1. babaquazi
    OP

babaquazi Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2009
    hello i have just received my wii today. It is a PAL v4.0E but i have run bannerbomb and installed homebrew channel. i was wondering about where to go from here. From some research i have found that i have to install a cIOS followed by a back-up launcher 0.3 gamma to enable me to play backed up games off.( I don't plan to use usb loaders). i have downloaded the following file:
    Code:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6531
    Now i don't have wireless internet so could you please point me in the right direction? From waht I have read it seems as though i copy the 'cIOS38r14_installer" folder inside the 'apps" folder on my sd card. After this i am confused. Could you please clarify the follow questions?

Q1. What is the "OS38-64-v3610.wad" file and do i put it on my root of SD card as i I don't have wireless internet
    Q2. What is IOS249 and IOS36
    Q3. is it safe to download the "IOS38-64-v3610.wad" file from anywhere? Can my wii become bricked as a result of downloading it from a "shifty" website?

So basically i would appreciate some advice regarding where to go from where i am.

Many thanks,
    babaquazi

2. kLiNiKaL

kLiNiKaL Dr. Greenthumb

May 24, 2009
    Jamaica
    Los Ganjales
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice