Hacking CIOS DIOS MIOS???

coryspacecowboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have my wii modded, gotten emulators and media player on there, but I can't get usb loader gx working, I've tried doing my research but I just can't help but get confused, every tutorial I see is full of jargon, install this into slot one blah blah, I don't want anyone to explain everything to me, just trying to explain where I'm at, and if anyone could point me in the direction of a tutorial that can explain a few of these things clearly.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so what exactly do you want, you say usb loader does not work but does it not run or does it not play wii or GameCube games.​
Also what is cios dios mios, do you refer to Cios for the wii or dios miso witch is for GameCube games​

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting really tired of noobs wanting to mod their Wiis, and not being able to follow simple tutorials... I guess ModMii is a godsend in that regard... Using it made me feel stupid. Insulted, even.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just find a tutorial for installing Dios Mios (which is for USB loading) or DIOS MIOS light (which is for SD loading).

You have to ensure that you follow the formatting directions for cluster size on your SD or USB partition.

You also have to ensue that you can use USB loading and have the drive plugged in at all times you want to use Dios Mios, which will replace the default Mios, so unless you use an emulator like Devolution, you will need the USB drive plugged in even if you load a Gamecube disk into the drive.

Also, you will need to use a Dios Mios compatible loader like USBLOADERGX and set it up to scan for gamecube images.

Be aware that Devolution is much more reliable and much simpler to set up; however, it requires that you verify the image using an actual physical disk the first time you play that game.

coryspacecowboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thank you all so much, sorry for the ignorance. I got my wii backups working with usbloader gx, but when I switch to the hard drive I have for my game cube backups it doesn't see them. However, CFG usb loader does recognize my game cube files, but it takes about 20 minutes to load a game, then I get an error saying "Fatal error apploader size is 0"

My hard drive is formatted to fat32 in 32kb clusters. Games were converted with DT toolbox and put into games folder on said hard drive, anyone know where I messed up?

EDIT: Okay, now it shows up on usb loader gx, but when I try to load from there I get "incorrect config update boot loader" but when I try updating usb loader gx it says no updates are available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs