Hacking cIOS combinations

• Thread starter CasperH
  • Start date
  • Views 1,765
  • Replies 4
C

CasperH

Hi,

I've been trying to get the perfect combination of base cIOSes but everyone is saying different things... Can anyone help me with this?
Another question, is there a updated alternative to DarkCorp? i feel like it is outdated...

Best regards,
Casper

C

CasperH

Unfurtunately, my USB NAND emulation is not working anymore...
Does anyone have another configuration I should try?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What kind of nand emulation were you using? Sneek/uneek works completely without cIOS*, but mighty channels (or similar) should run most games with 249[56] d2x v6.

Darkcorp is not only outdated, but also only useful if you REALLY want to run backup wii discs from the disc channel. For most people (including everyone who uses USB loading), it isn't needed. And too risky to install to "just get it".

Anyway...perhaps the "wiiflow" configuration isn't a bad idea. I'm not going to link to wads (sorry...forum regulations), but a quick google to wiiflowiki should get it instantly.

QUOTE said:
If you do not have d2x cIOS installed, then get it here: d2x cIOS v7 Fixed Wad Pack or use the Installer.
If using the wad pack, make sure to install all of the wads. If you are using the installer, make sure to install all bases, starting with ios 245 and the lowest available base, working your way up to 251 base 58.
Remove any IOS between slot 100 and 254, EXCEPT 202, 222, 223, 224, 225, 236, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 254.
The 202-225 are optional to keep.

EDIT: I just want to notice: THIS ISN'T DISSING JOOSTINONLINE'S SETUP AT ALL!!! This isn't a "my cIOS setup beats your setup" contest. And Hermes cIOS is still required if you want to use uLoader for nand emulation.

*in fact, cIOS tend to have conflicts over there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse