Hacking cIOS 249 v65280

dreampeppers99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
mauifrog said:
You can use the nus downloader to download that, very safe.
Using the NUS Downloader I don't get any trouble with any homebrew? (this maybe a silly question, but actually I don't know how the update works... for me I need to use cIOS e not an official IOS.. isnt?)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In that case: you don't want IOS249* v65280. The IOS is indeed downloadable by NUS as a wad...but it is a stub. It simply doesn't contain any code but the framework (it has a name and a version number...and that's mostly it). The whole reason of this IOS's existence is to get rid of whatever cIOS resides in 249.
Needless to say: you won't ever need the official IOS249 (although some games with recent firmware may nag about updates if you have a lower version number installed in that slot).

The most updated version of the cIOS can be found on this link (or rather: if you follow the instructions, you will get it).

*IOS...not cIOS. This version is not custom at all. it's made by Nintendo

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
In that case: you don't want IOS249* v65280. The IOS is indeed downloadable by NUS as a wad...but it is a stub. It simply doesn't contain any code but the framework (it has a name and a version number...and that's mostly it). The whole reason of this IOS's existence is to get rid of whatever cIOS resides in 249.
Needless to say: you won't ever need the official IOS249 (although some games with recent firmware may nag about updates if you have a lower version number installed in that slot).

The most updated version of the cIOS can be found on this link (or rather: if you follow the instructions, you will get it).

*IOS...not cIOS. This version is not custom at all. it's made by Nintendo

You can need the official IOS 249, for example if you want to have game discs stop asking for updates (and don't want to block disc updates), but want to keep homebrew.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
You can use ModMii to download any cIOS and have it version change it so once you install it, it will survive an update. This does require a little bit of advanced knowledge, but it is worth the effort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple