cIOS 249 rev 7 error ret -1

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by eddie182, May 26, 2009.

1. eddie182
    OP

eddie182 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2007
    Hey,

I have a 3.2E hard modded Wii with the homebrew channel installed. I've never updated past 3.2E. I have added IOS's 38, 53 and 55 for various reasons without and trouble. I recently wanted to use waninkoko's dvd dumper 1.3 however it requires cIOS 249 (I tried running dvd dumper 1.3 and it simply restarted my Wii). I used wad manager 1.3 to install cIOS 249 rev 7 yet it came up with ret -1 error. I then retried installation again and now it keeps coming up with error -1017 or something.

I've looked around and can't find out what I am doing wrong. I'm sure there is a post out there somewhere that has the solutions so any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

2. nutella

nutella Low Glycemic Index

Sep 4, 2008
    Your nearest supermarket
    If I'm not mistaken, a ret -1 error means the file cannot be read. Try copying the file to your SD again or downloading it again.

3. eddie182
    OP

eddie182 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2007
    Hmm, I don't think it's that.

It installs fine up until ticket 8 and then errors. Then every subsequent installation after that yeilds the 1017 error. Am I supposed to uninstall something first?

4. DKAngel

DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2009
    Perth,Australia
    umm tried doing cios rev 8 9 or 10 installs rather than 7?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice