Hacking Cios 222 works, but cios 249 does not.....

Siover-Tiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I have a problem with my Cios 249. I have a PAL Wii bought back in 2006 or 2007, so no LU64+ Wii.
I have installed 4.2E and I followed the exellent guide by xzxero.
So I restored the Trucha Bug, installed Cios249 r14, Cios 202,222,223 and modified IOS70.

I use Uloader 3.1 Cios 222/223 for my Wii backups on my USB drive and everything works fine. I can also load DISC backups with Uloader and NeoGamma when I use Cios 249.
However, when I try to load a backup form my harddrive with Cios 249, it just freezes. I tried it several times , but no luck, whether I use Uloader or WiiFlow.
I think it's a problem with the Cios 249. I already tried both r14 and r15, but both have the same problems.
Additionally, i can't even seem to start any USB loaders, except Neogamma, that rely on Cios 249. I tried USB-loader GX, CFG loader, coverfloader, but all of them have problems. GX doesn't start at all (black screen) and Coverfloader and CFG loader already freeze at the initialisation screen.
I already installed Cios 249 several times over with different versions, but I always have the same bug. I also repeated the steps to restore the Trucha bug, but the problem consists.
Does somebody know the cause for this problem?

PAL Wii 4.2E
Cios 249 r14/r15
Cios 222 r4

EDIT:

It was the USB to SATA adaptor (again!). When I tried my new HDD casing, everything worked just fine, with Cios 249, too. Crap USB/SATA adaptor, I will never buy such BS again. Look at my other topic, it also caused problems with my component cable...

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your hard drive isn't compatible with IOS249 (yes, some USB drives don't play nice with IOS249). It's not a big deal if IOS222/223 works.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an internal drive that i stuck in an external enclosure and using any CiosRev10 through Rev15 it will freeze every time within a couple minutes if not right from the start.However if i use 222 it works flawlessly and everything plays perfect.

Not sure if its the Waninkoko Cios causing the issue or if the drive itself is going to sleep or spinning down or it could be the external enclosure im using causing the issues.I'm eventually going to get another external case and test it out some more to find the exact cause.

If it is the drive spinning down then i assume that Hermes cios has a feature that disables the spin down but i have never read anywhere that it has a feature like this so i really do not know for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)