Cover.jpg

Name: Cid to Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon - Toki Wasure no Meikyuu DS+
English: Cid and Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon - Forgotten Time Labyrinths DS+

PATCH RELEASE
V1 (June 07, 2010)
V2 (June 08, 2010)
V3 (June 09, 2010)
V4 (Possibly Final) (June 15, 2010)
Notes: This is the last "big" update -- There will be a 4.1 or something like that to fix a few details I've found (mostly typos and minor things like that)
Decided to cut it a bit short-- the only thing I didn't translate out of what I originally intended are the full descriptions of
Cid's Gears and Coats, because, well... Who plays with Cid anyway?
I decided back in V3 not to translate the key items. It would be too much trouble and they wouldn't look good due to space limitations,
and they were largely unnecessary.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/o9vfkm
Mirror by Pluupy

IMPORTANT NOTES
This is not a story translation patch, and won't be if it depends on me. If someone else wants to take a crack at it, be my guest.
Second, and this goes with the first point as well, due to my lack of knowledge with Hex editing and stuff, I had to make due with "short form text" in some occasions. That is, instead of seeing something fancy like "Dragon Blade" you will see "DrgBld". Why? Because the original script only had that much space and I can't wrap my head around pointers.
So... Basically, I could use some good hex editors. =3​

For those who have issues with freezing, I honestly don't know what might be the problem. I never had any (I tried to recreate the scenarios I've been told) and nothing.
Also, I'm not touching any actual game code, just translating lines and if I ever mess up a line, two things can happen; either the bottom bar disappears and the menu acts buggy (but doesn't freeze) until you exit and open it again; or if I actually modify a game line, the game would just refuse to run at all (happened once).
Still, send any issues, I'll see if I can find something.

Also, if you think you've found a typo, check. If the word is written entirely (Memories as opposed to, say, Memries), then it is probably a typo. If it's a letter missing, then I probably just didn't have enough space to fit it. XD

Here's what's translated PROGRESS: 95% (aprox.)
  • Item Names: ALL items names are now translated. DONE
  • Item's Short Description: These show when you highlight the item. DONE
  • Item's Full Description: These appear when you analyze an item. I decided not to translate Cid's Gears and Coats along with Key Items, don't ask. DONE
  • Jobs & Skills: The job skills names and descriptions. DONE
  • Combat Log: Almost all done. Missing 4 entries I have never ran across. Pretty much done
  • Enemy Names: Just like it reads, the names of all enemies. DONE
  • Enemy Skills: Now you can see what they do too! DONE
  • Traps & Dungeon Names: You know what these do. DONE
  • Trial Dungeons: These are the ones you use L+R to go into when near someone that use weird rules and stuff. DONE
  • Menus & System Dialogues: Pretty much every menu label is done (such as Item, Ability, Key Items, etc.). I've given up with the shopkeeper's dialogue. There's like 1398741 strings for each shopkeeper with the exact same intro, and other things... 'sides, I think they aren't needed... >_>
Big thanks to jjjewel and DarthNemesis for their help. Without them, I might have never been able to get into some files and none of this would've been possible.

Here are a few simple screenshots showing part of the progress that I have:
Trans11.jpg
Trans12.jpg
Trans13.jpg
Trans14.jpg
Trans15.jpg
Trans16.jpg
Trans17.jpg

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could offer more help then "sounds great!" (free time is not my ally these days), but I am rooting for you.

smashbro619

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was just thinking... this game is the DS version of Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon right? wouldnt most stuff from Wii version be accurately correct in the DS version? if so couldnt the DS version be translated similar to the Wii version?

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
umm not to be a naysayers so please don't kill me for saying this...
if you wanted to translate a chocobo game you could have picked chocobo fable 2
and if you wanted to translate a roguelike you could have picked shiren 4
this seems somewhat rendudant when there is the wii version easily avaiable

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Simple.

1) Not everyone owns a Wii (case one, me). Yes, you might say not everyone owns a DS either but you can at least emulate it.
2) Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon (Chocobo Tales, basically-- and it's sequel if you will) is a whole different concept. One that, while I enjoyed the first one a bit, is not really my cup of tea.
3) If I wanted to translate a Furai no Shiren game, I would have done that, but... I don't, not a fan of them.
4) Not that I intend to translate the storyline since it's a bit out of my league, but this also includes gameplay from Cid's viewpoint (including his own dungeons and stuff), so there's a second "game" in it as well. Two-for-one combo package~!
5) This is an enhanced version of the Wii version, and, it's portable. What more can I say?
6) Because I can, want, and it's a good practice run for my short knowledge of Japanese. =3

And yes, it's similar to the Wii version, being an enhanced port of it, but I can't really just go and blatantly copy that translation (even if I wanted, there wouldn't be enough space for the text unless I actually learn how to use pointers).

So... That's about it. =3

smashbro619

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GrayFox2510 said:
Simple.

1) Not everyone owns a Wii (case one, me). Yes, you might say not everyone owns a DS either but you can at least emulate it.
2) Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon (Chocobo Tales, basically-- and it's sequel if you will) is a whole different concept. One that, while I enjoyed the first one a bit, is not really my cup of tea.
3) If I wanted to translate a Furai no Shiren game, I would have done that, but... I don't, not a fan of them.
4) Not that I intend to translate the storyline since it's a bit out of my league, but this also includes gameplay from Cid's viewpoint (including his own dungeons and stuff), so there's a second "game" in it as well. Two-for-one combo package~!
5) This is an enhanced version of the Wii version, and, it's portable. What more can I say?
6) Because I can, want, and it's a good practice run for my short knowledge of Japanese. =3

And yes, it's similar to the Wii version, being an enhanced port of it, but I can't really just go and blatantly copy that translation (even if I wanted, there wouldn't be enough space for the text unless I actually learn how to use pointers).

So... That's about it. =3
I can totally agree, with the DS version being so compact and all, probably not everything the characters say might fit in the dialog box. also good luck on the project. you got my full support!
the Final Fantasy Fables series was always my favorite because of how cute Chocobo looks. ^.^

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Inunah said:
Isn't it, in english "forgotten time labyrinths" instead of "time forgotten labyrinths"?

But anyway, good luck on this. If you need any help with grammar and such, lemme know.

Yeah, that might be true.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can't wait for this patch to be released! This looks like a game that doesnt rely too heavily on story, so it'll be fun to play
wink.gif

I hope you release a partially done patch or something, would be cool.

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
magicksun said:
yes but were to go if dont have much story we are lost in the game!

When mystery dungeons are involved, just go down. Not much else to do.
Otherwise, most of the times you have a nice '!' in the town map on the top screen to guide you to your next objective.

If all else fails, you can see the Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon guide for the Wii version in GameFAQs, story-wise is largely the same sans for a random dungeon with Cid in-between.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    +1
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    Thank you
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Hey there! :)