• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
20161015_174712.jpg 5CF62342-0E76-4736-B239-501E115A7DD7.jpg 0092A4C5-BA09-4164-9707-55FC16B1A8A4.jpg A4A610D1-5F42-4D36-AB83-8BD881CB476E.jpg So I actually made a test cia wirh Unity for New Nintendo 3ds, but the CIA Installer (FBI) showed an error, cert hash verification failed or simething like that, and then I've added a product code to the cia in Unity Build Settings but then actually other error came up (DevMenu) at installing something like LEVEL PERMANENT -5 So I guess in the Build settings I have to adjust sometjibg, add sonething to the CIA File, because The CTR SDK, The N3DS SDK, The Unity N3DS SDK and the other Nintendo Development Envirement is Installed and fine and ready theres just something wrong with the CIA File, Pics attached Below (sry they aren´t screenshotted because it went faster just taking pics with my phone)

Last edited by adrifcastr,
D

Deleted User

Your images are massive; I would recommend scaling them down a bit as soon as possible.

Anyhow, you should not tick the create CIA image box (and I don't recommend ticking the development build box either).
You should export your project to CCI, rename the file extension to .3DS, and run it through 3DS Simple CIA Converter.

The output CIA from that should definitely install; the CIA Unity exports can only be installed to development units.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by ,
Reactions: adrifcastr

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your images are massive; I would recommend scaling them down a bit as soon as possible.

Anyhow, you should not tick the create CIA image box (and I don't recommend ticking the development build box either).
You should export your project to CCI, rename the file extension to .3DS, and run it through 3DS Simple CIA Converter.

The output CIA from that should definitely install; the CIA Unity exports can only be installed to development units.

Hope this helps!
Thank you gonna try this out now and tell you if it works, btw None of the product codes ive tried have worked exept this example one which ive googled so um any Idea why Unity is not taking a "custom" product Code?

D

Deleted User

Thank you gonna try this out now and tell you if it works, btw None of the product codes ive tried have worked exept this example one which ive googled so um any Idea why Unity is not taking a "custom" product Code?
Custom product codes are working fine over here. Do you encounter an error of some sort? CTR-P-DERP (as you have put in your project) should be able to work fine since it is in the appropriate XXX-X-XXXX format.

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Custom product codes are working fine over here. Do you encounter an error of some sort? CTR-P-DERP (as you have put in your project) should be able to work fine since it is in the appropriate XXX-X-XXXX format.
Oh yeees sorry what nooby mistake it was the wrong Format Ugh *facepalm*

Reactions: Deleted User

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Hope this helps!

You´re awesome dude it worked

Reactions: Deleted User

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Happy to help! :)
thanks a lot so this is solved, so i don´t want to be annoying so first two Things: i have experience with 3ds Software and with the unity engine, but um both together are really to me so yeah, got it installed but know he question is how the hell do i get the Scene to load?, the application just Shows a black Screen and then crashes out to the home menu, so um but yeah actually im happy that it gets installed and that ist launching so maybe you could also help me with that cause, yeah ist like boom two Things I´m expierienced with fused to something i have almost no clue how it works

D

Deleted User

thanks a lot so this is solved, so i don´t want to be annoying so first two Things: i have experience with 3ds Software and with the unity engine, but um both together are really to me so yeah, got it installed but know he question is how the hell do i get the Scene to load?, the application just Shows a black Screen and then crashes out to the home menu, so um but yeah actually im happy that it gets installed and that ist launching so maybe you could also help me with that cause, yeah ist like boom two Things I´m expierienced with fused to something i have almost no clue how it works
You're not the only one to experience crashing back to the HOME Menu through a Unity build. I have never managed to get my own head around how it crashes for other people, but I am extremely curious so let's run over a few details.

My first question is, does your project have any textures or images in the project that are over 1024 x 1024 in size? If so, shrink them down to a more smaller size.
Second question - do you have many objects/meshes in your scene? If yes, the 3DS may run out of memory and crash. (Quite easy to run out of memory on a 3DS sometimes; especially Old3DS. But I understand you develop for New3DS, so it shouldn't be as bad!)
Third question is, What custom firmware are you running? I highly recommend Luma3DS CFW for the job because it contains developer features that enables compatability with a lot of the Unity stuff. Older CFWs might not support Unity builds yet.
If you're already running Luma, then this won't be the problem.

I'm only more concerned for the first two questions, but I could be missing some other important things that I can't remember off the top of my head.

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're not the only one to experience crashing back to the HOME Menu through a Unity build. I have never managed to get my own head around how it crashes for other people, but I am extremely curious so let's run over a few details.

My first question is, does your project have any textures or images in the project that are over 1024 x 1024 in size? If so, shrink them down to a more smaller size.
Second question - do you have many objects/meshes in your scene? If yes, the 3DS may run out of memory and crash. (Quite easy to run out of memory on a 3DS sometimes; especially Old3DS. But I understand you develop for New3DS, so it shouldn't be as bad!)
Third question is, What custom firmware are you running? I highly recommend Luma3DS CFW for the job because it contains developer features that enables compatability with a lot of the Unity stuff. Older CFWs might not support Unity builds yet.

I'm only more concerned for the first two questions, but I could be missing some other important things that I can't remember off the top of my head.

So the scene contains a 3d plane a 3d character model a directional light and a main camera, well maybe I should start with a 2d game or something like that, so my Hardware is a New 3ds Firmware 11. Something Arm9loaderhax and LumaCFW (IS SNAKEBOX -Thing is really to expensive and also i don't have money for a Panda 3ds) so yeah maybe I should start a new project something like a 2d guy running in a room or sometjing if 3d objects arent that good

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could you maybe provide a template an example project or something? (If i get something developed, well guess homebrew Forums only, you'll surely get credit for your help)

Last edited by adrifcastr,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    19 inches it was glorious lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If a racoon can fit up to 8-inches then so be it
    +1
    Lol it it fits I sit? Lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Will it blend lol
    +1
    Blended families!!!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Blended families!!!