Homebrew CIA Installation Question

reymas101

Professional GBAtemp Noob
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I managed to get a legit .cia file of Yo-Kai Watch off, heh, that "chaos site". th .cia file seems fine, but FBI can't install it because i'm using the outdated version and I can't find the newer version. And NASA just flat out doesn't work. What should I do?

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the game a legit CIA? Since you are on 10.3 and not downgrading (I think it was totally worth it) you can only install legit cias. Also make sure your cia installer is built for that 10.3 exploit.

D

Deleted User

Yeah you have to get a special version of the installer for 10.3, and even then its a total crap shoot to get it to work. I would use those reset attempts to just downgrade, its a lengthy process to get CFW but its worth it.

Reactions: sniper_x002

Zabhahs

Goron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL bro it took me 50+ tries to get any legit CIAs to install with the special version of the installer. Just downgrade, if you use safesysupdater it works fine and if your not stupid you wont lose anything in CFW.

reymas101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have CFW on one of my 3ds' I'm not interested in getting it for my new 3ds. All I want to know is, can I install a legit .cia file of Yo-kai Watch or no.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I managed to get a legit .cia file of Yo-Kai Watch off, heh, that "chaos site". th .cia file seems fine, but FBI can't install it because i'm using the outdated version and I can't find the newer version. And NASA just flat out doesn't work. What should I do?
Save yourself the trouble and buy a 2ds with the game already installed.

#simplesolutions

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry i'm on 10.3, not downgrading
Is the game a legit CIA? Since you are on 10.3 and not downgrading (I think it was totally worth it) you can only install legit cias. Also make sure your cia installer is built for that 10.3 exploit.
Yo-Kai Watch came pre-installed in a European bundle i think.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I finally managed to install the .cia with FBI, but NASA kept freezing on cleaning memory.
When you play it, I'm pretty sure you have to run it through HANS. Yo-Kai Watch, that is.

reymas101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo-Kai Watch came pre-installed in a European bundle i think.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When you play it, I'm pretty sure you have to run it through HANS. Yo-Kai Watch, that is.
Hmm...I'm on a NTSC system and I have no need for HANS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended