Homebrew CIA Installation on Rei EmuNAND/SysNAND not possible after upgrade and restore of EmuNAND

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Heya there,

So yeah, long title... Anyways, today I updated my EmuNAND on 2 New 3DS's to 10.5 in order to try a system transfer (which kind of failed btw). Before doing so I of course made a backup of both NANDs, one being at 9.2.0-20E and the other at 10.3.xx which are both able to install CIAs in ReiNAND and/or rxTools mode.
However, after restoring EmuNAND after the failed system transfer attempt I noticed that I'm not able to neither install CIAs via Ninjhax 2 or any other entry point on Rei/Rx mode anymore... The only possible way is on my older New 3DS which still has the installed FBI app. But that's not very useful for the other 3DS which I have no way to install CIAs on so far...

When I now try to install CIAs via the Ninjhax version in Rei/Rx mode the only error I get is "DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND" which is a 10.5 error message. That means I am not able to install FBI as app which is a bit annoying, neither other stuff.

Any ideas why? What could've gone wrong?

Thanks!

Last edited by EpicLPer,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that could be used as a .3dsx is NASA. But I don't know if it's supposed to work on 10.5. Probably not. You can try anyway, I guess and you're golden after you get a .cia version installed.

After you formatted emunand, did you re-create the title.db in the SD card?

EpicLPer

OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
The only thing that could be used as a .3dsx is NASA. But I don't know if it's supposed to work on 10.5. Probably not. You can try anyway, I guess and you're golden after you get a .cia version installed.

After you formatted emunand, did you re-create the title.db in the SD card?
I'll try that now but I don't think that this is the issue. It always worked on my "old New" 3DS before upgrading to 10.5 on EmuNAND and restoring.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that now but I don't think that this is the issue. It always worked on my "old New" 3DS before upgrading to 10.5 on EmuNAND and restoring.
attempting a system transfer may have messed up your SD card files as well. Even if you have a title.db, you may find that going into data management detects it as being corrupted, but it will repair it (but will not CREATE it if it doesn't exist in the proper folder). You really want to install FBI.cia into SYSNAND and then format emunand again. Or to avoid copying your SD card back and forth, you can simply do a nand dump and inject it to emunand with emunand9 or emunandtool.

EpicLPer

OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
attempting a system transfer may have messed up your SD card files as well. Even if you have a title.db, you may find that going into data management detects it as being corrupted, but it will repair it (but will not CREATE it if it doesn't exist in the proper folder). You really want to install FBI.cia into SYSNAND and then format emunand again. Or to avoid copying your SD card back and forth, you can simply do a nand dump and inject it to emunand with emunand9 or emunandtool.
Tried repairing the title.db now but it wasn't corrupt to begin with anyways.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried repairing the title.db now but it wasn't corrupt to begin with anyways.
when you format ANY nand, the <ID0>/<ID1> folder names change. Are you sure you have a title.db in the folder that your emunand is actually using right now? Anyway, I'm not sure if NASA.3dsx even works on 10.5 emunand. I am POSITIVE that FBI.3dsx wouldn't work in it...

Again, it's easiest to install FBI.cia to sysnand, then dump sysnand and inject it to emunand. Then use tinyformat on sysnand to unlink them.

Last edited by urherenow,

EpicLPer

OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
when you format ANY nand, the <ID0>/<ID1> folder names change. Are you sure you have a title.db in the folder that your emunand is actually using right now? Anyway, I'm not sure if NASA.3dsx even works on 10.5 emunand. I am POSITIVE that FBI.3dsx wouldn't work in it...
I tried NASA and it's a piece of crap to be honest... Doesn't give you any kind of error message when it fails to install, FBI at least tells you a bit what went wrong. NASA just simply quits out of the install screen back to the file manager again without any feedback.

Anyways, I copied SysNAND over to EmuNAND again now without unlinking and have FBI in EmuNAND now. I'm not happy about this solution but at least it works...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol