Emulator CHX file collection for Snes9x_3DS & PicoDrive_3DS

Hark0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After more time than I care to admit, I finally have my second version of my CHX file collection for bubble2k16's Snes9x_3DS https://github.com/bubble2k16/snes9x_3ds/releases and PicoDrive_3DS complete. My gratitude belongs to Computer_Freak_2004 for his handy tool https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-chx-file-creator.552806/ without which I would not even have attempted this "project" and a HUGE special thank-you to sleepingkirby for fixing a long-standing bug in bubble2k16's PicoDrive_3ds v0.94 release (which basically crippled the cheat functionality, thereby making my attempt of creating .chx files for all my ROMs pointless). If you plan on using these cheats I would strongly recommend grabbing sleepingkerby's release https://github.com/sleepingkirby/emus3ds/blob/master/picodrive_3ds.cia

Attachments

• CHX file collection for Snes9x_3DS & PicoDrive_3DS.7z
    321.7 KB · Views: 204

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But I have a $1 off coupon so that's nice.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Debating with myself.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Whatchu after, Veho?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Anbernic rg35xx SP.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't mind the price, but there is a very real chance I won't ever touch it once it gets here.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Because my brain is fucked up.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    $100 for a console is not a lot. $100 for a plastic brick to put on a shelf is a lot.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I got a Pi5 Veho, loaded like 400GBs of games tested a few and now it sits lol
    Next to the Pi4
    Although the Pi5 features 2TBs of Nvme goodness
    I had hoped Killer Instinct Gold on the N64 would improve..... It did not, so not a speed issue, emulation issue
  • Veho @ Veho:
    On the Pi?
    +1
    I was kinda sad about that, got it all set up and fired it up. Side by side Pi4 vs Pi5 and there is literally zero difference
    Although I will say Dreamcast seems to work better
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe there's some single/multi core bullshit that one emulator knows how to use and the other doesn't.
    Things where speed was the issue and not the emulator
    Veho probably but based on what I read even on a PC that one game is tough to emulate
    Probably microcode
    The N64 was ahead of it's time with that BS lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    FPGA N64 emu when?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's amazing how annoying those old consoles are to emulate. Like, you can emulate Gamecube and Wii on a calculator, but like the SNES still has trouble.
    +2
    I think that one company made one?
    Yeah the issue from what I understand is they used old hardware that was more finicky about timings and speeds, newer stuff was more about shaders and APIs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    And half the stuff relied on weird interference inside the chip and not actual intended functionality.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: And half the stuff relied on weird interference inside the chip and not actual intended... +1