Chrono Trigger!

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont you all find it strange that so many people loved Chrono Trigger so much and yet nothing is being done about it? I mean, whenever it comes up all i hear about is how it was the best RPG of all time (of course i agree). I just had a discussion about the resurrection of the FF series on the NDS and it almost immediately turned to Chrono Trigger. Shouldnt they have realized that Chrono Trigger is a monster? That almost everyone who plays it immediately turns into a rabid fan who learns all the songs on guitar and stays up until 4 am playing it and wont go to a friends house unless they have a computer and a way to play it and searches for weeks for the soundtrack and...uh...ahh maybe thats just me but still! Ive never met anyone who's played the game and isnt crazy about it and wants to see it redone (edit:as in on a new system). I mean isnt there a way that we can bitch at Square enough so they'll port (edit:i had said remake, didnt mean it that way) it? There's got to be some way to bring it back...At least there has to be enough people to make a big enough stink about it to get some kind of result...

Just to see...

How many loved the game and want to see it come back? Just curious.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about Chrono Cross?
How about leaving legendary games as they stand, and stop trying to recreate and re-outdo what has already been done?
biggrin.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoboClover said:
Heh, i kinda meant just a port not really a re-do
unsure.gif

It's seem that the GBA was the perfect vehicle for this to be a possibility, but more and more I think a remake (like a total 3d do-over like you can see a fan version on Youtube that got shutdown through a C+D order) for the PSP or maybe even PS2 with the original unlockable after completing the new/revamped version.

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dunno i think it was pretty much perfect on the snes. there's nothing quite like spending the entire day playing a game tethered to a tv, then going outside at sunset to watch the sun sink down on another summer day.

sigh.

XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It'd be a lot harder to make another Chrono game today because a lot of the members that were involved with the games aren't with Square anymore or working on other titles, Final Fantasy XI being a main one I believe.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.Never.No.Never.No.Never.No.Never.No.Never.No.Never.

The LEGENDARY series will be ruined with any more installments.

If you love Chrono Trigger like me than join the forum Chrono Compendium.
They have made many rom hacks from Chrono Trigger.
Those Rom hacks are also included in my signature so give it a click,but having another game in the Chrono Series.I hope not.

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhh!!
ph34r.gif
i meant a port guys, not a remake (although i did actually say remake, that was my bad!)...like so it'd be playable on something smaller than my laptop you know?

I agree, its perfect as it is on the snes but snes's are kinda tough to get ahold of these days if you dont have a relic one or a friend with one...and a chrono trigger cart? even harder to find...i just thought a direct port to a handheld of the original, unaltered game might make it simpler for older fans who maybe sold their snes's, people using emus or even new players to enjoy the game...

Sorry, i was being unclear eheh...

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 3D remake would be cool, like the new FF games on the DS.

Even if it sucked, it wouldn't take away from the original.
The original always has a specific place in our hearts, no matter how many ports, remakes, added on scenes, etc. there are.

edit
Man, that Chrono Trigger 3D looks perfect!

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've played the original and it was a great game. A remake of this game would be awesome. I forgot what happend in the original one, lol. So playing the game over again with a new type of environment would be awesome.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I remember thinking that would be awesome (the 3D fan-made remake) when I first saw it.
And I still haven't played Chrono Cross, though I have it on my PC, ready to be played when I can be bothered.

As for a port, it'd be a good idea, but they could wreck the game. Who knows if they'll ever go back to the series. Though they seem to avoid Chrono like the plague now for some weird reason.

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blueskies said:
How about Chrono Cross?
How about leaving legendary games as they stand, and stop trying to recreate and re-outdo what has already been done?
biggrin.gif

Preach! some games should be left in their own corner of history for glory's sake and not constantly compared to games in different decades. Who doesn't have emulators anyway?

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Da Foxx said:
I've played the original and it was a great game. A remake of this game would be awesome. I forgot what happend in the original one, lol. So playing the game over again with a new type of environment would be awesome.
With like 20 endings even if you had just played it you could still replay it and enjoy the game for another round. New Game + for the win.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WeaponXxX said:
With like 20 endings even if you had just played it you could still replay it and enjoy the game for another round. New Game + for the win.
Actually 12 endings.Yes I am a Chrono Trigger freak.
Indeed the New Game+ gave the game instant replay value.It was a pain getting all the endings.

Also playing some rom hacks of that game give it replay value.

(*Sigh*)So many things that made that game unlike any RPG I have ever played.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended