Hacking Chrono Trigger problems

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Got a copy of Chrono Trigger DS (region unknown) and can't get it to work on my official DSTT with TTMenu or YSMenu. I've downloaded the latest USRCHEAT.dat but while other games know its there, this game doesn't have it show up. I've also tried both the JP and US patches. The JP patch resulted in a corrupted card while the US patch gives the same blank screens as an unpatched version. I've also tried the original version with TTMenu V1.17a01 in the hope it was an EU release but no luck there. Short of finding another download link, does anyone have any ideas I could try to run it? I've checked several other topics first but none of the fixes worked.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try obtaining the rom file again from a different place it could just be a bad rom.
also don't use the patches only the codes dstt carts don't seem to like to work with the patched roms so look for a clean rom.

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I'll be looking for another ROM then. Was hoping to avoid that due to dial up. Hopeful I can find one that works.

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm in New Zealand. Even the broadband internet connections available from ISPs down here are still wired unless you live in one of the bigger cities. I either have unlimited dial up or a broadband connection I blow through in a day (wow, 1 gig? I'll never use all that in a month) after which I pay by the megabyte. Never go to New Zealand if you are addicted to the internet.

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well, I was going to get another ROM anyway but at least that explains why it wasn't showing the codelist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse