ROM Hack Chrono trigger original translation hack?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to take the translation from the original snes rom and inject it somehow into the ds rom? This new translation really bugs me, they changed the name of some items and moves, they don't even say good morning, crono. Anyway is it possible to do this?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buster2178 said:
for one quit crying at least its out an in english for one you should be happy its out
and playable
i'm happy im playing it its just that i want to play it with the original translation and i know many people would like to as well. If what im asking is impossible then i can live with that.

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha why are people so picky when they get all this stuff for free? Watch when more people get DSi's they will say: "Omg is there a way to take out this camera like the original ds?? Its bothers me so much".
grog.gif

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe said:
Hahaha why are people so picky when they get all this stuff for free? Watch when more people get DSi's they will say: "Omg is there a way to take out this camera like the original ds?? Its bothers me so much".
grog.gif
I was actually considering buying this but the new translation has me iffy, and yes im a very picky person i threw a fit when they didn't even say good morning crono. I mean come on! How are you going to advertise the damn game with that line and not even use it?! The name of the site is goodmorningcrono.com for crying out loud. And what the hell is athenian water its a damn revive! And its not called cleave its called spire, and theyre mystics not fiends. WTF square?!
hate2.gif
And screw the dsi, no gba support, what kind of BS is that?

FunPolice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
buster2178 said:
for one quit crying at least its out an in english for one you should be happy its out
and playable
i'm happy im playing it its just that i want to play it with the original translation and i know many people would like to as well. If what im asking is impossible then i can live with that.
I have an idea, shut the fuck up and go play the SNES version if you like incoherent, engrish-laden translations so much. You won't like the extra features, because they're different than the original and don't say "Good morning, Crono," either.

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FunPolice said:
JJBro1 said:
buster2178 said:
and playable
I have an idea, shut the fuck up and go play the SNES version if you like incoherent, engrish-laden translations so much. You won't like the extra features, because they're different than the original and don't say "Good morning, Crono," either.
I have an idea, why don't you shut the fu** up, stop being a dick, and not post in this thread if you don't have anything to contribute to what i was asking.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FunPolice said:
JJBro1 said:
buster2178 said:
and playable

Hey FunPolice, I have an idea... keep your foul mouth out of the forums if you don't want to be banned by a mod. JJBro1 is perfectly entitled to ask questions, and you have no right to tell him to shut up.

FunPolice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
FunPolice said:
JJBro1 said:
buster2178 said:
and playable

Hey FunPolice, I have an idea... keep your foul mouth out of the forums if you don't want to be banned by a mod. JJBro1 is perfectly entitled to ask questions, and you have no right to tell him to shut up.
You have no right to tell me to keep my foul mouth out of the forums, faggot. Now run along and go fuck your mother.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
now now children, play nice

I am sure the is a way, I mean, people translate roms, so something like this should be a piece of pie
Maybe said:
grog.gif

well, the camera is pretty useless, and will probably decrease battery life....

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
now now children, play nice

I am sure the is a way, I mean, people translate roms, so something like this should be a piece of pie
Maybe said:
grog.gif

well, the camera is pretty useless, and will probably decrease battery life....
if you think it's like a piece of pie, do it yourself.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
JJBro1 said:
Maybe said:
grog.gif
I was actually considering buying this but the new translation has me iffy, and yes im a very picky person i threw a fit when they didn't even say good morning crono. I mean come on! How are you going to advertise the damn game with that line and not even use it?! The name of the site is goodmorningcrono.com for crying out loud. And what the hell is athenian water its a damn revive! And its not called cleave its called spire, and theyre mystics not fiends. WTF square?!
hate2.gif
Athenian water is probably water originating from Athens also if I find it good that they didn't butcher the translation, you should feel happy you're playing the translated game as it was intented to be also about not naming athenian holy water revive, would you find it good to have the item potion translated as HP restore 50 and so on?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
JJBro1 said:
Maybe said:
grog.gif
hate2.gif
Athenian holy water is probably water originating from Athens also if I find it good that they didn't butcher the translation, you should feel happy you're playing the translated game as it was intented to be also about not naming athenian holy water revive, would you find it good to have the item potion translated as HP restore 50 and so on?
if that's the way it was in the original then yes.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JJBro1 said:
Noitora said:
JJBro1 said:
Maybe said:
grog.gif
hate2.gif
Athenian holy water is probably water originating from Athens also if I find it good that they didn't butcher the translation, you should feel happy you're playing the translated game as it was intented to be also about not naming athenian holy water revive, would you find it good to have the item potion translated as HP restore 50 and so on?
so give me the definition of what you mean by "original".

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
JJBro1 said:
Noitora said:
JJBro1 said:
Maybe said:
grog.gif
hate2.gif
The original is probably Athenian holy water, do you think doing a proper translation means making up item names and the such?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
JJBro1 said:
Noitora said:
JJBro1 said:
Maybe said:
grog.gif
hate2.gif
so give me the definition of what you mean by "original".
if that's what it said in the snes version of the game then I would like that. Basically what i want is the same game but every text in the game is from the snes version.

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
JJBro1 said:
Noitora said:
JJBro1 said:
Maybe said:
grog.gif
hate2.gif
The original is probably Athenian holy water, do you think doing a proper translation means making up item names and the such?
I meant original as in the original chrono trigger, and instead of being Athenian water is was simply called revive.

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
JJBro1 said:
if that's what it said in the snes version of the game then I would like that. Basically what i want is the same game but every text in the game is from the snes version.
Anyway, nobody's going to do that because you requested so because it's pointless and really time consuming, if you want to do it yourself instead of whining for the translation go here: http://www.romhacking.net/start

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: