Chrono Trigger on SNEmulDS

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Nero, Sep 30, 2007.

Sep 30, 2007

Chrono Trigger on SNEmulDS by Nero at 12:16 AM (1,025 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Nero
    OP

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    Hello, fellow R4 users.

The Emulation Board isn't to active, so please help me?

I'm using SNEmulDS 0.5b, and trying to play Chrono Trigger. It plays really perfect, and I don't mind the discolored text. I do have the .cfg file in the root as well.

I do have a problem during the scene when you get transported to 600 A.D.

There are white blobs outlined by blue surrounding the screen. I can still see most of the things happening, but it's a bit hard.

I tried changing the layers and everything, but nothing fixed it. Could someone help?

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Try disabling BG3 entirely. Tap the option about midway down the options menu until it says BG1/BG2/OFF/SPR

Note that this will also get rid of text too, so re-enable it to see text again.

Also note that in some screens you will need to change the layers settings from Auto to 2/0/3/1 for the background to appear correctly (like in the first areas of 600 AD that you see), though you should switch back to Auto for battles to see the text.

When the text gets screwed up, try going into the GFX config screen and tapping the Fix area.

3. Nero
    OP

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    Thanks a lot for the tip! I really appreciate it! =) I thought my topic was dead for a while.

By the way, the BG3 trick doesn't cut out.

The blobs disappear, but the text does as well. I tried EVERYTHING to get the text back. Nothing worked.

Anyways... I'm already in the Cathedral. Thanks for your help.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Like I said, getting rid of the clouds also gets rid of the text. I too have no idea how to make it look entirely perfect. Hopefully you won't encounter it again.