Jmohod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I need help with Chrono Trigger on an acekard 2i

The game loads fine, but after I enter in Crono's name the screen just goes blank. Opening movie doesn't load no sound nothing. I tried searching but couldn't find anything that would help.

I'm using AKAIO 1.7 and I've never had problems with any other game before. Any help would be appreciated.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jmohod said:
OK I need help with Chrono Trigger on an acekard 2i

The game loads fine, but after I enter in Crono's name the screen just goes blank. Opening movie doesn't load no sound nothing. I tried searching but couldn't find anything that would help.

I'm using AKAIO 1.7 and I've never had problems with any other game before. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have another microSD that you could test the ROM on to make sure it's a good dump/extract?

Have you tried downloading it elsewhere and playing it clean, untrimmed?

Jmohod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it on a different SD card. Haven't downloaded a different copy.

Figured out a bit of a work around though. I tried started the game with the movies turned off and so far everything is working fine. I'll try it out like this and hopefully won't run into anymore troubles.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jmohod said:
Tried it on a different SD card. Haven't downloaded a different copy.

Figured out a bit of a work around though. I tried started the game with the movies turned off and so far everything is working fine. I'll try it out like this and hopefully won't run into anymore troubles.

Well, the reason I asked is -
I had a similar problem with Wizard of Oz RPG. I had like 50 other games that worked fine on my 4 GB microSDHC, but Wizard of Oz wouldn't load past the opening credits. The music would get all weird and the screen would freeze. I was fairly certain it was a good ROM, so just to be assured I tried playing a copy of the same file off an old 512mb MicroSD and it worked perfectly, so I knew the problem was a read error on the 4 Gig.
Removing and recopying the ROM did not work on the 4 Gig, and neither did it work when I backed up the entire card, and did a "Quick - Erase Off" format with Panasonic/SD Association Formatter.
I gave up on it for a while because of the amount of time backing up and restoring takes, but when AKAIO 1.7 came out, I decided to give the 4gig a "Full - Erase Off" format for the first time. It fixed my problem, and I haven't had any problems with any games since the Full format.

If you're using Windows, you should use the SD Association Formatter also if you aren't already. It is often called by it's original distribution name Panasonic SD Formatter on these forums.

It sounds like your problem could be similar the one I had, but if the problem still exists on your other SD card then it's the romfile that you obtained that's the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1