Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity v3.2

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity v3.2
Update
FoE2011-02-07_0210054339.png

Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity has received an new update to version 3.2. You can get the IPS patch via the download link below. For more information on this game modification, google the "metronomeproject" blog page.

QUOTE said:
• Ayla Tech Bug fixed
• Fixed an overlooked error in the Magus tech updates

download.gif
Download
download.gif
Lunar IPS v1.02

Thanks to TheRubyDragoon for the news!

VatoLoco

OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
For people who would like to know what's different between this and the Crimson Echoes "Final" release,
I received some info via PM from the FoE developer on some of the bugs present in the most recent CE,
that don't afflict Flames of Eternity.

TheRubyDragoon said:
CE has several show stopping bugs involved with the game
- If you loose the Frog Catching Event, you are stuck in an endless loop
- If you start a new game +, Ayla loses several of her later learned techs
- There are no true "multiple endings" in CE, they had an ending selector in the game
- A few of these multiple endings are incomplete and freeze the game

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
vato what is the driving force behind this team to release so many versions and updates? do they get money for ad vewing? if so then why is the download on filetrip? if its for fame then i dont see any indication... is it really fan liking or is it something else?
i havent seen a project that is has many versions but has a single version released or something like dsorganize that ends after some time.

VatoLoco

OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
@ shakirmoledina,
I think the motivation behind this is the same as any mod or fan translation. Its a fun hobby for the developer, and Chrono Trigger is just an awesome game, like Rydian said=)
The IPS is hosted at filetrip 'cuz that's what we do most times, unless the dev asks us not to. You could get the file at the project blog, too.
As for all the revisions, it's because the project is a current WIP, so theres kinks to work out and such.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
VatoLoco said:
- There are no true "multiple endings" in CE, they had an ending selector in the game
Yeah, they never quite had a chance to implement that, I guess (just the hidden portal in Lucca's house you can use to check out the endings, which was for debugging IIRC). Isn't FoE just not going to have anything but one ending anyway? On New Game+, I know there's a bug in CE where the 'you beat the boss and watched the ending' save isn't really right (it seems to have a static set of items, for example), so that may well be buggy, but you can start New Game+ from any other saves you might have. Are you saying they are all a bit buggy, or is just the 'finished game' save buggy? At least I haven't noticed any problems yet in the NewGame+ I started playing, but I haven't accquired Ayla yet.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
MadClaw said:
Doesn't work. Bad rom. Downloaded form 2 places, tested on 2 PC's
You do realize it's an IPS and not a ROM, right?

You need to make sure to apply it to the correct version of the ROM as well, there's headered ROMs and unheadered, and you need to make sure to patch the right region.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
MadClaw said:
Yes i know i have to patch it, I'm not an Idiot. I used a (U) Rom.
You obviously don't know what you're doing....you said it was a bad rom, well get a new rom or change the header and try the patch on it! Go get yourself NSRT from here: Nach's SNES Rom Tools and check the header for the rom, if it has a header remove it and if it doesn't then add one. Then you can use the patch on the rom and it should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China