Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity v3.2

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by VatoLoco, Feb 10, 2011.

1. VatoLoco
    OP

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Ya Cant Get There From Here
    Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity v3.2
    Update
    [​IMG]

Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity has received an new update to version 3.2. You can get the IPS patch via the download link below. For more information on this game modification, google the "metronomeproject" blog page.

2. VatoLoco
    OP

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    For people who would like to know what's different between this and the Crimson Echoes "Final" release,
    I received some info via PM from the FoE developer on some of the bugs present in the most recent CE,
    that don't afflict Flames of Eternity.

3. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    vato what is the driving force behind this team to release so many versions and updates? do they get money for ad vewing? if so then why is the download on filetrip? if its for fame then i dont see any indication... is it really fan liking or is it something else?
    i havent seen a project that is has many versions but has a single version released or something like dsorganize that ends after some time.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Chrono Trigger's an awesome game.

That's why.

5. VatoLoco
    OP

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    @ shakirmoledina,
    I think the motivation behind this is the same as any mod or fan translation. Its a fun hobby for the developer, and Chrono Trigger is just an awesome game, like Rydian said=)
    The IPS is hosted at filetrip 'cuz that's what we do most times, unless the dev asks us not to. You could get the file at the project blog, too.
    As for all the revisions, it's because the project is a current WIP, so theres kinks to work out and such.

6. 9th_Sage

9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    Yeah, they never quite had a chance to implement that, I guess (just the hidden portal in Lucca's house you can use to check out the endings, which was for debugging IIRC). Isn't FoE just not going to have anything but one ending anyway? On New Game+, I know there's a bug in CE where the 'you beat the boss and watched the ending' save isn't really right (it seems to have a static set of items, for example), so that may well be buggy, but you can start New Game+ from any other saves you might have. Are you saying they are all a bit buggy, or is just the 'finished game' save buggy? At least I haven't noticed any problems yet in the NewGame+ I started playing, but I haven't accquired Ayla yet.

7. zavlin

zavlin Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2003
    United States
    i do wonder what the CE team thinks of this.

8. MadClaw

MadClaw GBAtemp Fan

Oct 30, 2008
    United States
    Usa
    Doesn't work. Bad rom. Downloaded form 2 places, tested on 2 PC's

9. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    You do realize it's an IPS and not a ROM, right?

You need to make sure to apply it to the correct version of the ROM as well, there's headered ROMs and unheadered, and you need to make sure to patch the right region.

10. MadClaw

MadClaw GBAtemp Fan

Oct 30, 2008
    United States
    Usa
    Yes i know i have to patch it, I'm not an Idiot. I used a (U) Rom.

11. RchUncleSkeleton

RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    California, USA
    You obviously don't know what you're doing....you said it was a bad rom, well get a new rom or change the header and try the patch on it! Go get yourself NSRT from here: Nach's SNES Rom Tools and check the header for the rom, if it has a header remove it and if it doesn't then add one. Then you can use the patch on the rom and it should work.