Gaming Chrono Trigger, FFIV, FFXII or Suikoden Tierkreis

caribou007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Making a SD card full of games for my 11 yo cousin who hasn't played any RPGs before and is pretty new to videogames in general. So I have

Chrono Trigger= 84mb
FFIV= 123mb
FFXII= 106mb

Is it better to remove FFIV and FFXII in order to have Suikoden Tierkreis?

Suikoden Tierkreis= 224mb

the cards full so i would have to delete some games in order to add it

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depends what she wants. I think ST is really cool, however since it's better to focus on one game anyway, just go with what you think, and then later on you can remove what she doesn't want and add other ones.
wink.gif

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
I found that Suikoden was pretty average, so I'd skip that one IMHO.

FFXII is more of a RTS than a RPG.

You also can't go wrong with Pokemon, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn or any of the Mario & Luigi games as good introductory RPGs.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story is perfect.

Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy... 3? [I think IV is too wrong, either that or it's vice versa], DQIX....

MrWily

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I would go with Dragon Quest instead of FFXII, although I liked it, it's more of a RTS than RPG.

For something simple DQ IV or V, but DQ IX is the shit!
smile.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CT is a definite keeper. It's a little aged, but it's still a solid game with a decent story.

Throw out both FF's. I would never introduce someone to a FF game on purpose to be honest.
Replace with \/

Suikoden Tierkreis is very easy, and more story driven then anything. It has a neat little story, and the voice acting is pretty good, though people bitch and moan about the main characters talking too fast...despite him SUPPOSED to be talking that fast.

Another good one is Sands of Destruction. I found it to be a pretty fun little game, despite the combat system collapsing in on itself and making the last 30% of the game INCREDIBLY easy. Story ain't bad.

Both Mario and Luigi games are good too. Not too hard, entertaining story as usual.

If you'd like to scare her away from RPGs you could try SMT: Devil Survivor
smileipb2.png

It's an advanced RPG.

aber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the father of a 13 year old girl, I would go with Chrono Trigger over the others. Marle is a key selling point as far as girls go, and the game isn't too complex to learn or follow. I would also add DQIX...my daughter loves the ability to customize her (female) character (she also loves the cute visual style of the characters/monsters) and the DQ series is easily accessible for newcomers to the genre.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO ct will be the best experience for someone new to rpg, epic story, a good battle system and nice characters. if she likes the genre after that, she will come back to play ct a few more times.

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Suikoden Tierkreis. Can't really explain why, other than that the game has so much charm and beauty, and the combat system is pretty fun as well.

That's all I really have to say though. ...Though she might find the DQ games good. DQ VI coming soon as well, so...yeah.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You haven't played Chrono Trigger!?

Where the heck have you been, under a rock.

CT is like the best RPG in existance, sure it's one big time paradox, but back in it's time it was one, if not the best RPG in existence! You must play it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte