Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Chrono Trigger DS Trailer
Seems like Europeans are going to have to wait until early 2009 until you get your hands on a copy of Chrono Trigger DS.

Eurogamer said:
Europe will have to wait until "early 2009" for Chrono Trigger DS, Square Enix has told Eurogamer, but will be only "a few weeks" behind the US "holiday" launch.

Originally and fondly remembered as a SNES role-playing title - albeit not one released in PAL land - Chrono Trigger follows Crono and friends on a time-travelling adventure to change the present and events still to come. Sort of like Back to the Future, but with swords and fewer proms.

The DS revamp will make use of touch-screen controls, two screens, feature a new dungeon, and include some sort of wireless play.

"It gives me great pleasure to see Chrono Trigger being released in Europe and the PAL territories," said John Yamamoto, boss of Square Enix, who must himself be in the future if he's seen it released in Europe.

Graphically little appears to have changed, as you can see in our Chrono Trigger DS gallery. No bad thing, as Akira Toriyama's character designs were great the first time around.

icon11.gif
Source

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Who will play the US release?

*raises hand up*

This is like the Brawl release thing, only that there is a "few weeks" gap and us PAL gamers can play the game straight away when it's released in the US.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
who cares? i was going to play the usa release anyway, it was expected, pal land always gets screwed.

Its not about being screwed. Its about PAL territories having many languages to cover. Its not like Squeenix just said "Hey, we loves us some Japs, and some Yanks... but fuck everyone else! They'll wait!" Its because of having to implement the multiple translations into the game for those areas. US usually has English, and thats it. EU releases have English, French, Spanish, Finnish, Sand Script, Atlantisesse, Bulgarian, Elvish, and Pig Latin. Those take time to implement.

Hmm... with that said, now i'm going to wait for the PAL release, cause i'd LOVE to play Rono-Chay Igger-Tray. "Rono-Chray. Rono-Chray. Ime-tay oo-tay et-gay up-ay!"
Holy shit. I wonder if i can work on a Pig Latin translation for other games.

I'VE FOUND MY CALLING!!!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theclaw said:
Yes, but in the SNES era most games only included one language. It would've been considered normal to be just English back then.

Pfft, its still normal to be English. Now, its just that we have to be "tolerant" of other people that don't "speak English" goodly.
wink.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
WildWon said:
theclaw said:
Yes, but in the SNES era most games only included one language. It would've been considered normal to be just English back then.

Pfft, its still normal to be English. Now, its just that we have to be "tolerant" of other people that don't "speak English" goodly.
wink.gif
I love you WildWon..
wub.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It doesn't matter if they postpone the European release date, I would still download the version that is dumped first even if that is the Japanese version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1