Chronis Twin Coming To WiiWare

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Source

Ah man anyone remember the DS release that originated as a GBA title? Pissed the hell out of me with its constant delays (makes Black Sigil's release look like it was well organised), wrote it up for the NDS thread like 20 odd times... and then it turned out to be below average at best.

Anyway its developers are rehashing it for WiiWare, not like anyone actually asked for it.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I was actually looking forward to it when they announced it for the DS. I liked the idea, and the DS made it better than the GBA version ever was. But it was kind of mediocre, and I have the feeling that this one won't be that much different.

3. bunnybreaker

Member bunnybreaker GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I didn't know that Chronos Twin was a GBA game. I played the DS version, got bored of it pretty quickly, though I loved the concept.

4. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Yeah, awful game, maybe they'll do something with the WiiWare version.

5. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Hmm, you know, I really liked the DS version.
    Managing both screens at once and taking things slow while still being a decent platformer shooter.
    Felt kinda like a puzzle game forced into a good ol platform shooter.
    Though I can agree with some that the levels were a bit bland and there was some room for improvment but it was definitly a solid game with low amount of glitchs and a decent amount of challenge.

I might not pay full price for it but it was definitly an interesting take on platformer shooters.

A WiiWare version is kinda boggling as to why they would bother. Though it probably wouldn't hurt.
    The split screen effect makes it look a little more like the original retro PC game, though two full screens was alot better, even if it wasn't in 3D.

Hopefully they'll iron out the issues the DS one had and make it stand out a lot more.

You know, I wonder how a Megaman game would be in this split platforming style.
    I bet somebody would love that....

6. bunnybreaker

Member bunnybreaker GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    If they reskinned Chronos Twin and called it Megaman ZXVTR: Double Time Ticktock Tactics Adventure (available in Temporal Black and Synchro White editions), it would have sold a shitload.

I'm not hating on Megaman, just saying.