Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what is going on with this, everything was just fine and dandy and suddenly sites like ebay, hotmail and even bog standard google search would not load. Not change any settings its just one minute they're working...next minute they're not.

You attempted to reach login.live.com, but the server presented an invalid certificate.
You cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain.​

I can still access them via Firefox but going back to that after using Chrome is just a big step backwards.

Help?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds like a caching issue... Try using CCleaner (as much as I don't like that tool) and remove everything Chrome related from there (except saved passwords and stuff?).

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok its happening again.

UGH!
If it's happening again it might be something left behind in your hidden appdata folder (assuming you're using windows). Use YourUninstaller! to remove ALL traces left by a program after uninstalling. I always use this followed by CCleaner to ensure complete removal of any program.

(you pay for that program, but if you're a dirty pirate, you'll find it)

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did all that and same issues. I did just reboot my PC and it was fine and then many hours later...did the same...then it didn't...then it did.

So basically its on and off for whatever reason but I'm ok, I'll just reboot everytime it starts doesn't take long.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It turns out that it is a common problem recently with a lot of people so they've updated Chrome and now has been well for a few days now. Apparently the new update has some kind of severe cache bug but I haven't noticed anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs