(Chrome) GBAtemp Manager - Hide Threads by Keywords and more!

Shubshub

The Shubinator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
GBAtemp Manager for Google Chrome users

Do you hate seeing threads asking for that next kernel exploit?
Or perhaps maybe you just don't like certain threads...
Perhaps even you hate that post over there Well now you don't have to worry!

Straight from the genius mind who brought you things like "Pokedex Web App for 3DS" and "Bit.Saw" and Other random crap people never used because they never heard of it before

I bring you... GBAtemp Manager

Download Link: Here
WARNING: To undo the Hidden Posts/Threads you need to go to Chrome Settings->Show Advanced->Content Settings->All Cookies and Site Data->Type gba->click gbatemp.net-> Remove anything that has the word post or thread in it
This will be changed in the next few updates

1yiHgYt.png

NWuEQ8r.png
Current Features:
  • Hide Posts - Just click the "Hide Post" button that is neatly placed inline with the User Tools at the bottom of each post
  • Hide Threads by keyword - Don't want to see threads about 10.5 kernel exploit help? Just click on the Extension icon in the top right of your browser and type in "10.5 kernel exploit" and any thread with these words in its title will be removed from view (Typing these in separate submissions will delete threads with only that submissions set of words)
  • Hide specific Threads with a button!

Features to come:
  • Hide all signatures?
  • Customizable Layouts maybe
I am fully open to suggestions, If there is a feature you would like me to try and add just post it down below!
Eventually once the entire extension is finished (Version 1.0) I'll be making it open source

Last edited by Shubshub,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hiding posts by username is a bit of a useless feature, since we have the ignore feature which does the same thing.

An interesting extension, though sort of...silly, since it basically goes against the idea of a forum.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Some cool stuff is coming next version as well as Being able to Hide Specific Threads

You'll be able to Toggle Desktop Notifications for GBAtemp Alerts and Conversations!
So that you can receive the notifications if you aren't currently tabbed into GBAtemp

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
Is this made in Javascript? I'm not familiar with how Chrome extensions work, nor do I use Chrome. Have you considered making it a Greasemonkey(Tampermonkey for Chrome) script(inserts Javascript into pages following regex)?
It'd hopefully make it platform independent and let me use it on Pale Moon/Firefox.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is this made in Javascript? I'm not familiar with how Chrome extensions work, nor do I use Chrome. Have you considered making it a Greasemonkey(Tampermonkey for Chrome) script(inserts Javascript into pages following regex)?
It'd hopefully make it platform independent and let me use it on Pale Moon/Firefox.
I'll be porting it to Firefox at some point

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll be porting it to Firefox at some point

If an independent extension is more like your kind of thing, go ahead. The advantage of using Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey, along with unifying the codebase while allowing portability to other browsers, is that I could also use it on Pale Moon. Firefox changed its extension API a while back, and did it once more recently, so a lot of add-ons for Firefox aren't compatible with Pale Moon since Pale Moon was based on ol' Firefox(changing progressively, recently changed from Gecko to the Goanna engine).

An example I can give of nice Greasemonkey extension is 4chanX. Now, if your add-on's features are not pure Javascript, I understand.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If an independent extension is more like your kind of thing, go ahead. The advantage of using Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey, along with unifying the codebase while allowing portability to other browsers, is that I could also use it on Pale Moon. Firefox changed its extension API a while back, and did it once more recently, so a lot of add-ons for Firefox aren't compatible with Pale Moon since Pale Moon was based on ol' Firefox(changing progressively, recently changed from Gecko to the Goanna engine).

An example I can give of nice Greasemonkey extension is 4chanX. Now, if your add-on's features are not pure Javascript, I understand.
I'll look into it

Reactions: Fluto and spoonm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like it when usps is like delivery expexted Today jk we meant tomorrow